- Pay Rate:
£20.50 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2 months
- Southwark, London,
Interim Learning & Development Partner
Reference no: Southwark 5207730
The purpose of the role is to provide a professional learning and development service to managers, co- ordinating and monitoring the delivery of learning solutions for the council to meet corporate and directorate specific needs. This will require a detailed knowledge of the technical professional requirements of services across the council to deliver their professional development requirements as well as knowledge of best practice in member development.
To provide and deliver operational services that develop the organisation and support delivery of corporate and business objectives, including the timely procurement, delivery and evaluation of learning and development programmes and projects, incorporating best practice and maximising digital learning and new technologies.
- Deliver learning programmes that are aligned with the Council’s workforce strategy, meeting the current and anticipated future business needs. These programmes will develop the workforce, reach all staff and support efficiencies across service provision.
- Deliver short to medium term programmes which change behaviours across the organisation, delivering training programmes and projects in close liaison with senior managers and partners and by managing relationships to achieve business objectives.
- Deliver client responsive, cost effective L&D solutions to business challenges.
- Participate in discussions involving partners and contribute to discussions around resources and project management of defined outcomes.
- Participate in discussions with senior managers and Organisation.
- Transformation colleagues to implement learning and development programmes. Maximise the use of digital technology to achieve success.
- Hold responsibility under the guidance of the L&D strategic business partner for allocating resources and scheduling learning and development programmes, ensure that these are managed to time in line with procedure, best practice, evaluation and business need. These will include programmes which meet specific professional requirements such as legislative requirements and support for members.
- Monitor and evaluate effective expenditure and co-ordinate finance processes
- such as recharges, financial monitoring and projections and provide information for grant claims as required.
- Undertake research and report on findings for specific development activity projects, supporting the Organisation Transformation work programme.
- Undertake benchmarking evaluation of key L&D activities, involving liaison and meeting with external organisations, and report findings and recommendations.
- Establish monitoring protocols and manage appropriate checks on activity that deliver effective business outcomes and work with colleagues to ensure remedial action is taken where necessary.
- With an understanding of current and future business needs, ensure that learning and development supports decision making, service planning and delivery of improvement programmes.
- Promote learning networks and implement a programme of engagement across the council to support this
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- CIPD qualification and membership desirable.
- Demonstrate evidence of continued professional development and personal development, within the relevant discipline.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience working as a L&D professional in a large complex organisation.
- Experience of the professional and technical requirements of services across a local authority delivering around 600 services.
- Experience designing short to medium term L&D programmes to support the delivery of clear business focused outcomes aligned over the long term with delivering the Council’s overall workforce strategy.
- Working collaboratively with members, political group offices, managers and colleagues across the council to develop and implement learning and development projects and programmes.
- Experience commissioning and evaluating a value for money programme of learning.
- Experience promoting digital and technological developments to deliver engaging learning opportunities and supporting the organisation in taking a digital approach.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to apply judgement in making evidence based decisions using management information.
- Customer focused and driven by the achievement of high standards and achievements through service/business delivery.
- Ability to think clearly, analyse evidence and develop practical and innovative solutions to the management of operational issues and complex problems.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Learning & Development Partner
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.