- Pay Rate:
Up to £40.00 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- Swinton, Greater Manchester,
Interim Landscape Architect
Reference no: Salford 0006 E4F3 / 1
Pay Rate: Up to £40.00 per hour PAYE depending on experience
The purpose of the role is to assist in managing and take a significant role in the undertaking of feasibility studies, conceptual, preliminary and detailed design, procurement and monitoring of the construction of a range of civil engineering and highway projects.
Responsible for managing the work of Assistant Engineers & Landscape Architects, Technicians, temporary and seconded staff within the team and working with external consultants.
- Assist with the technical aspects required for project delivery including feasibility, concept design, detailed design, preparation of tender and contract documentation, invitation of tenders and supervision of construction works on site.
- Contribute to implementing projects to meet the requirements of quality, health & safety, environmental standards, and time to both national and corporate standards.
- Assist with Preparing schemes for tender using: the NEC3 & NEC4 ECC Forms of Contract; Manual of Contract Documents for Highway Works; Specification for Highway Works and the Standard Method of Measurement.
- Ensure compliance of your work with a high regard to Health and Safety and the application of the CDM Regulations and other legislation.
- Abide by the objectives and targets of both the section and the department and follow procedures and practices utilised in all aspects of the work, including computerised and manual systems and the maintenance of relevant records.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Civil Engineering or a related subject accredited by the Engineering Council or possess a Higher National Certificate/Diploma in Civil Engineering or a related subject.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Landscape Architecture or a related subject and be working towards your Pathway to Chartership.
Skills & Experience:
- A minimum of 3 years post qualification experience in the design, implementation and supervision of engineering & landscape design projects.
- Working knowledge and understanding of the relevant legislation, standards and procedures.
- Possess an extensive working knowledge of standard engineering & landscape specifications, conditions of contract and methods of measurement.
- Ability to liaise with Clients, Stakeholders, and the public on projects.
- Able to demonstrate recent experience in the following.
- Ability to deal appropriately and effectively with external organisations, statutory bodies and clients.
- Working knowledge of the relevant legislation and guidelines including the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges, British and European Standards, Eurocodes and Codes of Practice.
- Initiative and ingenuity in solving engineering problems.
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing, both at a general and technical level.
- Working capability to use AutoCAD & Adobe Creative Suite software in the preparation of designs and drawings.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Landscape Architect
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.