- Pay Rate:
£31.78 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- Newham, London,
Interim Landscape Architect - Levelling up Fund
Job Ref: Newham RQ678069
Pay Rate: £31.78 per hour PAYE
To work within the Landscape Architecture Team and the wider Highways and Sustainable Transport Service to deliver a professional, efficient and effective service.
To work with a multi-disciplinary team of professional and technical staff including external consultants and external partners, to design and deliver a range of projects both within Highways and Sustainable Transport and for other service areas.
- Arrange the necessary site investigations and data collection to obtain information so that projects can proceed.
- Assist in creating public consultation documents and arranging distribution. To note comments gained from the consultations and make proposed alterations as required to the original scheme.
- Make regular site visits and, if the need arises due to site constraints, to change the design and inform the contractors, to ensure the smooth implementation of the scheme, all with due regard for contract, legal and safety matters when making such decisions.
- Project budget responsibility.
- Design and specification work from concept to detail including obtaining quotes and estimates and effective use of Term Contract schedule rates.
- Assist in the development of capital projects through implementation stages, to post implementation assessment for major projects.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Relevant degree or equivalent and 3+ years of experience as a landscape architect.
- Chartered Member of the Landscape Institute or working towards Chartered status.
- Experience of working with professional, technical and administrative staff within a local authority or large multi-disciplinary organisation.
- Experience of technical skills associated with the relevant service area.
- Experience of developing good working relationships with a wide range of internal and external bodies and customers as part of developing effective service delivery.
- Ability and experience using AUTOCad, Adobe Creative Cloud, MS Office SuiteKey.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Landscape Architect - Levelling up Fund
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.