- Pay Rate:
£435.37 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Interim IT Manager - IT
Reference no: Wirral RQ637566
The IT Manager will have no direct reports but will support the Council’s Head of ICT & Digital and the department’s management team in ensuring business as usual is maintained and improved while also ensuring support for the delivery of projects within the Digital Change and Enablement Programme.
Responsibility and Deliverables
- Reviewing and updating current IT operations processes to ensure alignment with industry best practice
- Overseeing the security operations and identify areas for strengthening the Council’s security operations
- Support in the continuous development of the roadmap to deliver on the ambitions for a modern, digitally mature Council
- Work with the Council’s Project Managers to understand resources requirements to deliver the Digital Change and Enablement Programme and identify solutions to any gaps or capacity issues
- Support the transition of projects into Business as Usual
- Contribute to the delivery of the Council’s Digital, Data and Technology Strategy by identifying opportunities and solutions to improve the digitalisation of services
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- ***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of major trends and themes in technology, specifically in local government and public services
- Detailed understanding of ICT strategy and technical architecture and its application
- Evidence of a thorough understanding of large-scale corporate data and systems management
- Sound knowledge of relevant IT Management Standards and approaches including, but not limited to, ITIL, TOGAF, DevOps
- Highly confident networker, able to build and develop relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Management of IT and Security Operations team in a large, multi-functional organisation with comparable scope, size, and complexity.
- Demonstrable recent evidence of successfully delivering major service redesign/improvement, driving associated culture change to embed performance improvements.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim IT Manager – IT
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.