- Pay Rate:
£26.64 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Interim Insurance Team Leader
Job Ref: Hillingdon RQ612471
The Insurance team provides support to the Council with the aim of minimising financial loss and liability. The team are responsible for developing and implementing an active operational risk management programme across the Council coupled with the provision of appropriate insurance cover. There are significant time pressures on the team from solicitors, Insurers and the Courts which need to be managed effectively.
- Key responsibilities:
- Ensure efficient operation of the Council's insurance claims process, by managing the team budget and providing value for money.
- Contract manage the Council’s insurance portfolio during renewal and tendering exercises, which involves considerable contact with other Council services, insurers, loss adjusters, solicitors and sometimes members of the public.
- Manage the Insurance team and support the team with their development and performance.
- Undertake or supervise negotiations associated with complex or high profile claims against the Council in conjunction with the Council's insurance and legal advisers.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Relevant degree qualification or equivalent experience.
- Relevant professional qualification (i.e. CII, Diploma, Advanced Diploma, etc.).
- Processing complex, technical insurance claims within a busy insurance team.
- Operating in a team required to adhere to the relevant professional insurance standards.
- Dealing with significant insurance tenders and renewals.
- Building strong working relationships with a range of key stakeholders in an insurance environment, including senior managers.
- Improving the proficiency, effectiveness and quality of insurance services provided to customers/clients.
- Implementing change and improvement initiatives in an insurance environment.
- Relevant local government experience.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Highly organised with strong time management skills and a proven track record in meeting tight deadlines.
- Proven analytical and literacy skills with ability to clearly present findings to a range of key stakeholders.
- Ability to manage a high performing team
- Ability to gain and apply new knowledge effectively.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels, both orally and in writing.
- An understanding of the purpose of Risk Management.
- A general understanding of the Nolan Principles of Good Governance.
- Highly proficient in the use of ICT, including spreadsheets, word processing packages and the use of insurance software (ideally LACHS).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Insurance Team Leader – Insurance Team
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.