- Pay Rate:
£276.46 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2 months
- Westminster, London,
Interim Infrastructure & Technology Manager - IT Services
Reference no: Westminster RQ685285
Pay Rate: £276.46 per day PAYE
This role will work across the whole of the Digital and Innovation portfolio, supporting activity across core IT and technology, customer and digital, and our Smart City ambitions to make Westminster a world class city. This will require a proactive and relentless focus on delivery. The role is an enabling one, with user need at the heart of the approach taken to improve outcomes for the people of Westminster
- Support the transition to a sovereign service for Westminster for technology and infrastructure, including managing day to day IT operations and escalations and documenting service requirements resulting from transition workshops.
- The postholder could be asked to work in a range of ways, from being part of a Product team working to iterate a product to continuously improve and meet the needs of our users, to a member of a Project team using Agile/Waterfall methodologies to deliver agreed outcomes, or a member of a service team delivering against a set of requirements.
- Through the way the teams will work the postholder will drive a change to the culture of the organisation as part of the Digital and Innovation portfolio.
- Develop a vision, strategy and architecture for our technology infrastructure, helping us modernise in a way that is consistent and which contributes to our corporate objectives.
- Use open-source, cloud-based, loosely-coupled technologies to make sure our technology remains nimble and easily iterated upon. Ensure services are built upon APIs wherever possible, including influencing towards these approaches in outsourced systems.
- Use cross-government and other shared platforms wherever possible to meet our needs.
- Set, and monitor performance against, infrastructure standards for the council.
- Ensure that all software built, maintained and run by your team meets user need.
- Stay on top of emerging technologies so that we can experiment and implement wisely.
- Oversee and maintain a culture of proactive and continual service improvement, taking the lead in setting a vision for how to enhance the user experience of technology services.
- Provide subject matter expertise and quality assurance where required to the team on key areas of the infrastructure environment, including but not limited to: Active Directory, Azure, M365 and other cloud, on-prem and hybrid computing and storage technologies.
- Develop strategic and tactical engineering roadmaps for technologies and services in your area of responsibility, making sure that they are future-proofed and that the organisation derives maximum value from investment in technologies.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience of a transition to a new way of working or an IT transformation.
- Experience of leading and taking part in workshops and owning the delivery of actions
- Previous experience in a strategic lead delivery role of significant scope
- Experience of delivering structured change and modernisation
- Significant experience of technical team leadership
- Experience meeting user need across a variety of channels and able to bring insight and expertise in how user needs have changed over time.
- Significant experience of monitoring and reporting performance of systems, platforms and underlying infrastructure.
- Experience in interpreting the applicability of local and national laws / regulations (including data privacy practices and laws)
- Hands-on experience troubleshooting hardware such as servers, routers, switches, hubs, network interface cards.
- Broad technology leadership knowledge including service delivery management, team leadership, and process creation.
- Deep knowledge of modern infrastructure concepts, protocols and standards, including Active Directory (on- prem/Azure), group policies, various hosting solutions, security, SAN, backup/restore, business continuity and disaster recovery.
- Good knowledge of managing and configuring enterprise- wide networks including LANs, WANs, WLANs, VPNs, etc.
- An understanding of information security and how to build infrastructure with security controls embedded.
- Understands the direction for future technologies, in particular cloud services. Can deliver a model to support and maintain those future technologies and any services that co- exist in the current environment (e.g. Infrastructure as Code / Devops etc).
- Sound knowledge of how excellent service delivery can be delivered effectively in a busy and complex technology environment, with a particular awareness of how infrastructure operates in a corporate environment.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to implement, administer and support infrastructure technologies, solutions and services such as: computing, storage, networking, physical infrastructures, software, COTS and open source software packages and solutions, and virtual and cloud computing, including PaaS, SaaS.
- Understanding of and ability to apply the most appropriate modern standards and practices.
- Ability to solve complex problems in services that have remain working during problem resolution.
- Ability to lead testing activities within development or integration activities. Ability to manage risk in live, including across multiple cross-dependent services
- Ability to prove, through tangible measures, sustained improvement of services managed.
- Excellent interpersonal, networking and negotiation skills, including the ability to successfully communicate complex issues coherently and persuasively.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Infrastructure & Technology Manager - IT Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.