- Pay Rate:
£422.16 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 12 months
Interim Infrastructure Engineer – ICT Services
Reference no: MPS 0005 F118 / 1
DV/STRAP vetting required
This role is for a leading London Police organisation, candidates with current CTC clearances will go through their vetting processes, currently this is taking up to 6 months. If you are already in a contract that potentially is not ending for a few months and this role is of interest, do let us know, we would be happy to discuss further.
This role will be part of a team of engineers covering 7-7-5 on site and 247365 on call for critical support.
The purpose of the role is to report to the Server Infrastructure Manager to provide Server Infrastructure technical support expertise for the Customer Services Centre (CSC), the individual will support all Sever Infrastructure activities pertaining to the National CSC, including operational business as usual and CTP project tasks as required relating to the growth of the National CSC and the services supported in line with the National CT priorities.
- Ensure work load is managed and prioritized effectively.
- Ensure Adherence to polices, standards and controls.
- Ensure SLAs for technical incidents and service requests relating to services in the CSC Service portfolio are not breached.
- Provide technical support for Server Infrastructure National infrastructure relating to BAU and Projects to ensure objectives are being met in line with National CT priorities.
- Provide resilience and failover testing to ensure all CSC managed Infrastructure is tested and documented on a regular basis to ensure failover functions as designed and is predicable.
- Provide documentation to ensure all CSC managed Infrastructure is documented and regular audits completed, this is required to provide effective support .
- Proactively monitor Server Infrastructure tools to ensure the Incident, Service Request and Problem management SLAs are being met.
- Proactively monitor Server Infrastructure tools to ensure availability and capacity is acceptable and raise any related concerns to management as appropriate.
- Ensure Change and Release management process and procedures are adhered to and correct process is followed to mitigate against unplanned downtime and service outages.
- Ensure CSC Infrastructure standards are followed to ensure new and existing services implemented in a standard nature and scalable in approach.
- Ensure security accreditation and procedure is not compromised by ensuring all activities comply with the SyOPs and RMADS.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Preferred MCSE qualified or equivalent.
- Preferred ITIL V3 Foundation certified.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience as a Senior Engineer in a technically diverse environment preferably as part of a shift rota.
- Operational knowledge and experience of working with service desk call management systems.
- Experience of working within a ITIL service environment working to defined metrics and SLAs.
- Strong experience of Wintel and VMware technologies.
- Strong experience of Server and Desktop operation systems including Windows 2008, 2012 and Windows.
- Experience of Change Management within an ITIL service environment.
- Ability to prioritise, execute tasks and achieve results in a busy Service Operation environment.
- Good experience of failover testing, resilience and redundancy methodology.
- Good experience of Server and Infrastructure monitoring and automation tools including SCCM.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- DV/STRAP vetting required
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Infrastructure Engineer – ICT Services (re-opened)
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.