- Pay Rate:
£21.48 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
Interim ICT Project Manager
Job Ref: 5206353
To manage, develop and implement and maintain a range of information and communications technology (ICT) policies, processes, projects, products and services for the Council in accordance with the Corporate Plan and ICT investment strategy and delivery programme. To ensure delivery meets the requirements of the business and complies with appropriate professional technical and national standards
- Define, manage, assess, estimate and document the execution of one or more complex projects or work streams in accordance with appropriate policies and processes, scrutinizing all activities against plan, providing regular and accurate financial and technical progress reports to senior managers, clients, users, suppliers and colleagues in order to deliver a quality product or service within agreed resources, timescales and other business constraints including budgets.
- Take professional responsibility for the full range of technical and supplier relationship management aspects of systems, products, services or infrastructure specification, capacity planning, strategic and operational design, policy and process definition, development, procurement, implementation, hand over and support in order to deliver effective business solutions that meet the needs of the clients and their users and comply with appropriate professional, technical and national standards.
- Lead, manage and motivate large project teams in a matrix management environment influencing, negotiating and providing technical advice and expertise to clients, external partners, contractors and colleagues, undertaking appraisals and taking responsibility for mentoring staff, in order to encourage the development of their skills and expertise, and to broaden and increase both business and technical knowledge to ensure that best practice and specialist skills are shared and effective relationships are built and maintained.
- Contribute to the development, understanding and support of a diverse range of strategies, standards and policies, including selection and tailoring of techniques and contributing to local working practices, by agreeing priorities, procuring resources and monitoring performance in support of the corporate, departmental, partnership and national objectives.
- Propose evaluate and make recommendations combining technical limitations and knowledge of the business with operational realities in order to provide practical and innovative technical and business solutions for new or improved: products, services, infrastructure, tools, methodologies, policies or standards.
- Plan, prepare and conduct meetings, workshops, training sessions and presentations for a wide variety of technical and non-technical audiences of all levels, including senior management and members, in order to communicate and validate business requirements, standards compliance, negotiate and collaborate with other technical and business professionals in order to match business solutions, develop policies, define education and communication needs and spread business/technical knowledge.
- Manage and develop risk management strategies within the context of the work of the department and its partners to reflect the changing nature of ICT and ensure appropriate levels of business continuity for critical front line services, enabling the Authority to meet statutory and service obligations
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Degree level qualification in a relevant field or an level of equivalent experience
- Developed knowledge of ICT tools, methods and, infrastructure, hardware and software
- A good understanding of technical architecture issues, technical solutions and forensic techniques
- Hands-on design and implementation experience in IT including third-party application development, training and testing
- Experience of both Agile & waterfall project management
- Proven analytical and research skills; innovative thinker at both strategic and operational levels – able to provide practical and innovative technical business solutions
- Organisation / prioritisation skills
- Ability to plan, commission, manage and complete complex programmes of work to meet stated objectives
- Able to undertake statistical analysis, and analyse and design complex projects involving detailed planning, producing budget estimates and reports, technical strategies and products, business process and user guidance documents
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim ICT Project Manager
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.