- Pay Rate:
£21.30 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
Interim ICT Infrastructure Support Officer
Job Ref: RQ601691
To provide third line operational and technical support to customers across all Council sites with particular responsibility for the support of the Citrix network, VMWare estate and the configuration, installation and support of desktop hardware and software
- Install and support thin client hardware, operating software and networking, including the provision of advice and assistance to customers on problems and faults.
- Implement and support various application software packages on the network.
- In conjunction with other members of the ICT Team, provide advice on the effective use of the thin client systems and ensure that these systems are integrated into the overall business requirement, as set out by the client in the specification of service and Service Level Agreements.
- Undertake technical and operational support for the Authority’s ICT infrastructure including server platforms, network monitoring, telephony (Skype/Teams) desktop, printing and Office 365.
- Provide technical support for the Authority’s security infrastructure, Cisco firewalls, SSL VPN and web-filtering.
- In close liaison with the ICT Service Desk and third-party supplier’s service desks, address incidents and problems in systems and services, deciding immediate action and coordinating actions to resolve faults.
- Design, test, install and configure upgrades to the network, Windows operating system and Citrix environment.
- Provide an effective interface between users and suppliers to solve technical problems.
- Ensure operational documentation is current and fit for purpose.
- Play an active role in all activities associated with the development, maintenance and testing of the ICT Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery plan for the Authority
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- GCSE Grade A-C (or equivalent) in English Language and Mathematics
- Significant experience in supporting a complex networking environment for 500 plus users
- Citrix Support - experience and use of Citrix App-V, XenServer and Citrix desktop, especially the sequencing of Citrix application software packages
- Cyber - experience of Cyber Security e.g. ransomware, malware, Cyber Security standards
- Experience of help desk activity and customer contact
- Ability to understand and take account of end user’s needs
- Apply high quality standards to all tasks in hand
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim ICT Infrastructure Support Officer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.