- Pay Rate:
£29.48 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- EALING, LONDON,
Interim HR Leading Practitioner - Schools
Job Ref: Ealing 5846-1
Pay Rate: £29.48 per hour PAYE
Basic DBS required for this role
To work in partnership with Head-teachers, Governing Bodies and school senior management teams to ensure the school’s priorities and objective are met through the strategic and innovative use of HR
- Leading and contributing to projects and tasks requiring a people
- Management input.
- Membership of task and working groups established to support multi school
- programmes (e.g. national change in policy) or single school interventions (e.g. failing school)
- Attending and contributing to meetings of school senior leadership teams and governing bodies as required.
- Nurture and maintain effective employee relations through consultation and negotiation with employers, employees and trade unions
- Work with service partners, e.g. Ealing Learning Partnership (ELP) , to (a) contribute to the maintenance and achievement of the highest possible standards in schools and (b) provide support when schools require intervention from the LA
- Work, consult and network with external partners to build knowledge and capacity that supports our schools in their people management responsibilities
- Coach, mentor and support headteachers, governors and senior managers
- on HR best practice in order to improve people management practices and facilitate the management of a high performing workforce
- Representing the views of schools in the development and implementation of
- HR policies and practices
- Acting as a co-ordinator to link other HR and Council colleagues in delivering services to schools
- Encouraging and facilitating the practice of knowledge sharing to improve and embed effective people management within schools
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Professional Membership of CIPD or equivalent HR qualification or relevant HR experience in a local authority or school
- Knowledge and understanding of people management responsibilities in schools
- Knowledge of organisation development strategies and methodologies
- Experience of dealing with complex HR casework and providing effective solutions and outcomes
- Experience of working in a complex unionised environment
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim HR Leading Practitioner - Schools
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.