- Pay Rate:
£20.54 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- Ashton Under Lyne,
Interim HR Consultant – Human Resources
Reference no: Tameside 0006 498E / 1
This role will deliver key People Plan objectives to support the effective management, growth and development of the workforce to support the corporate. The role will support senior leaders, headteachers and external organisations to deliver service outcomes, ensuring that the individual and collective relationships between the organisation and its employees are managed appropriately within a clear framework underpinned by organisational culture, practices, policies and ultimately by relevant law.
- Provide a professional advisory/consultancy service on human resource/workforce development issues across the organisation, schools and external customers to develop and support organisational or individual specific HR solutions.
- Effectively manage a large and complex human resource caseload and ensure that casework and investigation processes are streamlined and handled quickly and efficiently.
- Advise and support Managers/Head Teachers with the management of organisational change and human resource planning, consulting with appropriate stakeholders and engaging with the workforce to achieve positive workforce outcomes.
- Work collaboratively with senior leaders to influence, challenge and support continued improvement in service delivery to achieve organisational goals; with people at the heart of everything we do.
- Horizon scanning, leading on and ensuring an up to date knowledge base of employment law, organisational and workforce development approaches and initiatives; locally, regionally and nationally.
- Support the Council’s workforce development programme (known as the People Plan) by identifying opportunities and supporting activities to ensure we have an appropriately skilled workforce and a culture and ethos that enables all to do their best whilst enabling good health and wellbeing, for example, preparing and deliver training session/briefings to Managers/Employees/Head Teachers and external customers.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders across the organisation, partner organisations and trade unions, to work collaboratively when developing and implementing workforce projects or HR solutions to ensure their engagement and support.
- Represent the People and Workforce Development Service on collaborative project working.
- with other public sector partners, undertaking necessary actions as directed by the project.
- Undertake research and project work on human resource/organisational development issues including preparing and presenting reports; analysing and presenting statistical information.
- Work flexibly across the People and Workforce Development service to ensure effective service delivery and performance management of the service.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of and a strong commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion in employment. Play a key role in developing a values based culture organisation that can deliver a better and fairer place for everyone.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Human Resources Qualification - Human Resource Management Degree / Combined Degree with Human Resources / Employment Law qualification (Level 6 or above) OR Any degree with CIPD Post Graduate Diploma (Level 7 or above).
Skill & Experience:
- Understanding of public sector organisations, partnership working and the political environment
- High level of knowledge, theory and practice relating to employment law providing HR advice and support to a range of customers, understanding and meeting their needs to generate creative solutions, demonstrating resourcefulness to work issues
- Proven technical skills and ability in the role and a record of accomplishment for delivering outcomes
- Professional credibility through proven relevant experience
- Models and demonstrates our STRIVE values and leadership behaviours
- Analytical skills that allow you to inform workforce strategies and plans.
- To proactively research and seek out best practice approaches and implement these effectively in the organisation, service and people.
- To communicate with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm and to demonstrate integrity, create rapport and build trust and confidence
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim HR Consultant – Human Resources
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.