- Pay Rate:
Up to £22.00 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2 months
- Newham, London,
Interim HR Consultant - HR
Reference no: Newham RQ645316
An experienced HR Consultant required to provide high quality and consistent HR advice, guidance and support in a cost effective and efficient way that positively impacts customer effectiveness, efficiency and confidence.
Duties to include:
- Ensure all customers receive effective HR advice in a cost effective and efficient way, and are given consistent advice on the interpretation of HR policies, procedures and legislation
- Deliver a responsive and flexible service that supports organisational and service priorities
- Provide a high-quality professional HR service, advising and leading on a range of HR activity e.g. complex casework, transformational change, workforce planning, and resourcing solutions under the direction of the Senior HR Consultants
- Support the development of HR policies, procedures and change programmes
- To deliver a comprehensive high quality and professional HR service to all customers, that meets strategic objectives and includes for example Employee Relations, Reward and Recognition, TUPE, organisational change and organisational development
- To lead on and support HR projects or work programmes, e.g. recruitment campaigns, development or review of HR policies, roll out of mandatory training programmes, providing a range of training/briefings according to service need etc as directed by Senior HR Consultant/Strategic HRBP
- Assist in development, review and dissemination of HR policies, procedures, guidelines and strategies
- To deputise for Senior HR Consultants as required
- The provision of high quality HR services to managers, including: Complex performance management issues, Leading on change management issues including organisational change processes, to lead on and support recruitment campaigns, recruitment and resourcing issues, full ER service and support to interpret employment legislation and case law
- To be responsible for specific service based HR initiatives, eg briefings on absence or performance management
- To participate in Job Analysis, Job Evaluation and Job Matching in accordance with national and local procedures
- To encourage contributions from team members to provide constructive ideas that will contribute to delivering further efficiencies and service enhancements
- To identify personal development needs and opportunities
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- CIPD or equivalent, or significant experience within HR
- Experience of delivering a range of operational HR services
- Knowledge of HR best practice in a local government setting
- Experience of advising on HR policies and procedures and proposing recommendations for improvements
- Experience of HR support in delivering change in a complex organisation
- Demonstrable knowledge of both HR policies and procedures and employment law
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other desktop IT applications
- Experience of building productive relationships with customers
- Experience of analysing data and producing HR reports to facilitate business decisions
- Demonstrate professional approach and commitment to customer service
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and sensitivity in all circumstances
- Skilled communicator, able to share options for action both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work collaboratively with others
- Ability to show personal resilience and work in a fast-paced environment and balance competing priorities to deliver to timescales
- Experience of working closely with Trade Unions
- Ability to multitask and work to strict deadlines
- Excellent time management
- Ability to coach people managers on HR Policy and Procedures and best practice
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
- Experience of working within a “front facing” environment within HR
- Previous experience working for a Council
- Negotiating skills
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim HR Consultant - HR
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.