- Pay Rate:
£22.56 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2 months
Interim Housing Options Officer
Job Ref: Redditch RQ682065
Pay Rate: £22.56 per hour PAYE
On a case-by-case basis, provide a professional and compliant specialist customer facing Homelessness and Housing Solutions service firmly focused on the prevention and relief of homelessness through a range of housing options delivered across a range of tenure types
- To be responsible and accountable for the Local Authorities operations in accordance with its legal obligations to provide professional housing and homelessness advice services in accordance with: Part VI & VII Housing Act 1996 (as amended); Homelessness Reduction Act 2017; Welfare Reform, Safeguarding and the Children’s Act.
- Deliver superior quality Homelessness and Housing Solutions and Advice Services that are customer centric and have high regard for equality, diversity, understanding and respect for people and their individual circumstances.
- Professionally and effectively manage a designated caseload by thoroughly assessing, researching, analysing, and applying the most up to date case law to homeless applications across all tenures to conclude a robust legal decision on behalf of the Council.
- Ensure that any reports are written with a high degree of diligence, rationality, and quality, so that legal decisions are “right first time”.
- Ensure that those applicants for whom the Council has a statutory duty to provide temporary accommodation are placed into accommodation that best meets their needs and in strict accordance with legislation and guidance.
- Through casework, teamwork and partnership working, ensure that any housing solution or package of solutions are wholly sustainable and that the expectations of both the applicants and associated stakeholders are effectively managed.
- Maximize opportunities to nurture and develop relationships with Private Sector (PRS) Landlords in the discharge of duties, ensuring that any such initiatives or schemes to prevent homelessness in, or access to the PRS are maximized.
- Prepare and maintain accurate and up to date case files that provide management with enough information to monitor, audit and report on individual and team performance and for the Council to meet its duties to provide various statutory and non-statutory submissions and returns.
- Be responsible and accountable for the performance of yourself, your team, and the service, regularly reporting and feeding back on performance and being outspoken on perceived risks or threats to the service or on any emerging opportunities.
- Operate in accordance with all Council policies, guidance, and codes
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- A good working knowledge of current housing issues, policies and legislation, proven research and report writing skills
- Knowledge of Housing Act 1996 Part 6 and 7 and other relevant Legislation, Guidance, Policy and Directives
- Working knowledge of Housing Legislation
- Minimum of two years experience in a Housing role
- Minimum of 3 years in a homelessness or housing solutions role at Officer level or above
- Report Writing and IT skills
- Ability to accept responsibility and demonstrate initiative
- Ability to carry out numerical calculations
- Ability to consider analysis and make decisions
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Housing Options Officer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.