- Pay Rate:
£25.00 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- ELLESMERE PORT, Cheshire,
Full Job Title: Interim Housing Options Advisor – Housing Solutions
Job Reference: W Cheshire 5216712
Pay Rate: £25.00 per hour PAYE
Enhanced DBS disclosure required
To provide housing options advice to members of the public following an assessment and carry out casework, with the primary aim of preventing homelessness.
To make determinations on homeless cases in accordance with Housing Act 1996 part VII (as amended).
The job-holder will also assist in the management and maintenance of the Housing Register and will assess and process applications for social housing in accordance with the Common Housing Allocations Policy.
- To act as the first point of contact for advice, assistance and support to provide an efficient, friendly and responsive service to all customer and stakeholder enquiries either in person, by telephone, home visit, email or in writing.
- Assess and process West Cheshire Homes applications (new and change of circumstances) and undertake verification checks in line with agreed operating procedures and to make enquiries and collate evidence to assess applications in accordance with the Common Allocations Policy.
- To receive and input expressions of interest from vulnerable customers and process these accurately and timely on the CBL system.
- Monitor the progress of households under Choice Based Lettings ensuring that applicants are considered for properties in line with the Allocations Policy and that the information held on applicants is accurate and up to date.
- To undertake reviews of the West Cheshire Homes Housing Register and individual applications.
- To make recommendations to the Team Leader regarding Policy and procedural changes.
- To make nominations to other Registered Social Landlords for vacant properties from the West Cheshire Homes Register in accordance with relevant nomination agreements.
- To prevent homelessness by exploring all options and utilizing ‘prevention tools’.
- To investigate, where appropriate, and when all other options have been pursued, claims of homelessness and make sound decisions, ensuring that the Council’s obligations under the Housing Act 1996, Part VII for homelessness are complied with and once investigated make decisions on the duties owed.
- Arrange suitable temporary accommodation for eligible homeless households in priority need, preventing the use of Bed and Breakfast, wherever possible
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- 5 GCSE’s (or equivalent) Grade C or above.
- Housing related qualification - desirable)
- Minimum of 12 months recent housing advisory experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation
- A knowledge of housing legislation and housing options
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- ***Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- ***Other Work-Related Requirements: Contribute towards the out of hours homeless rota
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Housing Options Advisor – Housing Solutions
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.