- Pay Rate:
£20.57 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36, Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- Sutton, London,
Interim Housing Manager
Reference no: Sutton RQ844784
Pay Rate: £20.57 per hour PAYE
Role Length: This opening assignment is for 3 months
Enhanced DBS required for this role
A Housing Manager is required to deliver high quality, housing management services to residents’ line with agreed performance standards and targets.
Engage with residents and design services that work for them utilising resources within the local neighbourhood to make a real difference to people's’ lives.
- Provide excellent place-based housing management services to tenants and leaseholders.
- Enforce SHP’s arrears recovery policy and procedure including proactive discussions with residents, pre-court visits and court/eviction attendance.
- Prepare cases for court action and represent the Client/SHP in court.
- Be responsible for residents on your patch at tenancy termination and sign up to ensure properties are returned in good, clear condition and let promptly.
- Complete settling in visits, probationary tenancy visits, and occupancy checks and enforce any breaches of tenancy.
- Provide advice and support for our vulnerable customers and where necessary signpost them to other services that can sustain their tenancy.
- Represent SHP at case conferences and multi-agency meetings managing effective stakeholder relationships and seeking joint solutions to housing issues.
- Actively encourage and undertake resident consultation and community development initiatives that offer opportunities for residents to be involved and influence the services they receive.
- Identify and support residents who want to start new resident associations.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- CIH or other relevant qualification.
- Proven track record of providing excellent customer services.
- Experience maintaining detailed, evidence-based records using attention to detail and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience of working on your own and as part of a team with minimal supervision.
- Experience of working in a fast paced and busy environment, happy to take on a range of tasks and be flexible and adaptable.
- The ability to manage your time and organise priorities so that work is managed efficiently and to high standards.
- Proven ability to work methodically, follow agreed procedures and accurately record data and information.
- Able to remain assertive whilst responding sympathetically and with understanding to residents with personal and sometimes distressing issues.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Full Driving licence, access to a vehicle or access to means of mobility support.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Housing Manager
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.