- Pay Rate:
Up to £27.30 per hour PAYE, depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
36, Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
- Wembley, London,
Interim Highways Traffic Senior Engineer
Reference no: Brent 5222140
Pay Rate: £27.30 per hour PAYE
A Highways Traffic Engineer is required to carry out the duties of a Senior Engineer in the Traffic Management section, including developing, programming, and implementing a wide range of Highways, Traffic and/or Parking Management schemes.
The post-holder will be part of the Transportation Service, which is responsible for all transportation-related issues around the borough, including regeneration projects, traffic management, parking, as well as implementing the capital programme and Local Improvement Plan (LIP).
- Actively support more junior members of the team in discharging their duties to requisite standards and offering them development opportunities.
- Will arrange and attend internal and external meetings as appropriate, commensurate with the appropriate level of responsibility.
- Assist in responding effectively and efficiently to enquiries, including investigating issues, recording findings, and discussing appropriate courses of action to ensure customer satisfaction with the Principal Engineer or Team Leader.
- Take reasonable care for the Health and Safety of him/herself and the safety of others who may be always affected by his/her activities.
- Actively participate in delivering the work programme, paying particular attention to key performance indicators and contribute to the service planning process.
- Manage and design complex traffic and parking surveys, recording findings accurately and analysing and collating the results for monitoring purposes.
- Inspect and manage the implementation of traffic management schemes.
- Design and prepare quality control measures for large scale works, including drawings using specialist IT software.
- Maintain project files and development records in accordance with established procedures.
- Prepare detailed and accurate documentation for Traffic Order applications.
- Organise and manage Public Consultations for Traffic and/or Parking Management schemes.
- Commission and manage the implementation of a wide range of Traffic and/or Parking schemes, including preparing accurate design specifications and cost estimates, issuing work requisitions, liaising with, and supervising contractors, monitoring costs etc.
- Prepare scheme plans to requisite design levels, ensuring they conform to technical and industry standards.
- Design major Traffic and/or Parking Management schemes and ability to effectively analyse existing and proposed highway layouts of a significant nature.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- HNC, H/TEC, degree or equivalent in a technical or transportation-related discipline.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a Traffic and/or Parking environment.
- A record of Continuous Professional Development and on-going commitment to CPD.
- Demonstrate expertise in the use of IT Traffic and/or Parking software.
- Proven experience of managing complex engineering projects.
- Extensive experience of managing public consultations.
- Minimum 1 year of practical experience in traffic order making.
- Proven ability to compile, analyse and interpret complex information and data accurately.
- Proven ability to produce concise and comprehensive reports.
- Proven negotiation and presentation skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to evaluate a wide variety of highway layouts and demonstrate initiative with problem solving.
- Proven ability to prioritise and manage own workload and meet conflicting deadlines.
- Proven ability to effectively manage complex and varied work programmes.
- Proven ability to manage budgets effectively.
- Proven ability to promote the principles of good customer service and equal opportunities within the team.
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Proven ability to build good working relationships with internal and external partners.
- Ability to maintain and update the service’s Quality and Health & Safety Management systems.
- Proven ability to observe and utilise good industry practice.
- Proven ability to work without close supervision.
- Proven ability to adopt and actively promote industry health and safety standards.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Highways Traffic Senior Engineer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.