- Pay Rate:
Up to £46,359 per annum depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
- Chelmsford, Essex,
Interim Highways Engineer & Technical Business Analyst
Reference no: Essex 7361
Remote working available
As an Engineer, the successful candidate will provide service and programme assurance, ensuring controls are in place to mark progress, manage budgets, risk and quality, to ensure services are delivered in line with policy and specification.
- Responsible for provision of expertise in benchmarking as part of the Intelligent Client ethos, preparing and delivering a Benchmarking and Market Testing strategy, which drives improvement and innovation.
- Deliver financial savings to meet the Council’s Medium Term Resource Strategy (MTRS).
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders to build compelling cost/benefit propositions for business cases, understanding complex, interdependent and wide-ranging business requirements of delivering quality public services.
- Responsible for identifying and implementing business efficiencies to drive service improvements and secure the MTRS.
- Horizon scan for exemplars and case studies of efficient highways delivery practice, with the ability to increase revenue drive change and deliver a financially sustainable service.
- Deliver strong budgetary control and financial management.
- To provide a first-class service to customers, and, to co-ordinate and deliver a range of highways services within the responsibility of the Commissioning team.
- To support the Commissioning team managers with the development of strategic commercial issues and with the day to day management of the HST contract as appropriate.
- To review and update as necessary the policies, standards and processes that apply to the Highways & Transportation Service, including the HST Contract Service Specification and Technical Specification.
- To provide highways engineering expertise and assist with the contribution to new practices and procedures to deliver efficiencies and respond to technological advances.
- Assist with checking and approving supply chain partners, and with the auditing of services carried out for the Council, and the documentation relating to it.
- To assist with the preparation, design, planning programming and ordering of services within the responsibility of the Commissioning team.
- To ensure compliance with the Health & Safety policies of the Council and to ensure that the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations are fully applied to programme delivery.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Educated to degree level or appropriate professional qualification, or equivalent professional experience.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Evidence of continuing professional development, and knowledge in relevant professional area
- Experience of delivering highways services with an ability to analyse and suggest mitigation consistent with the contract strategy.
- Able to build collaborative working relationships to aid effective negotiation and dispute resolution, and works collaboratively with HST partner to ensure delivery of highway services to a consistently high standard. This will involve influencing, persuading and matrix management to support Essex Highways employees meeting contract performance and efficiencies
- Evidence of working with complex statistical, financial and performance information, defining coherent baseline positions to inform budget modelling.
- Strong commercial skills with an ability to identify and maximise benefits from commercial opportunities.
- Experience of driving and delivering sustainable change within a large complex organisation, to embed a climate of continuous improvement.
- Significant experience in delivering a benchmarking and market testing strategy, evaluating the business environment and introducing effective, efficient and cost-saving processes to deliver improvements in quality of service
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Highways Engineer & Technical Business Analyst
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.