- Pay Rate:
£22.29 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2 – 3 months
- Newham, London,
Interim Highly Specialist Speech & Language Therapist – Education
Reference no: Newham RQ614188
An Enhanced DBS is required for this role.
To provide a specialist speech & language therapy service to children & young people with autism and/or social communication needs in mainstream schools.
- To ensure that children, young people and families receive a first class service that fulfils their potential, and when they need additional support, provide services that are local and easily accessible.
- To support managers in the development delivery and review of planning, performance, commissioning services for children, young people, their families and carers so that overall costs are reduced but the life chances of children and young people are maximised.
- To act independently within the service as a specialist resource and advisor on the support and management of the communication and learning need of pupils with autism spectrum disorder
- To provide a specialist service of assessment, support and intervention and delivery of programmes of speech and language therapy intervention for children with autism spectrum disorder
- To have secure knowledge of effective approaches to teaching and learning for children with autism spectrum disorder and to work with schools to model and deliver programmes of intervention to ensure maximum curricular access and progression for pupils
- To work proactively with headteachers and other staff to promote the achievement of children and young people with autism spectrum disorder and to do this in a way which fosters partnership working and successful transition between settings.
- To work proactively, and in partnership with professionals across the children and young people's service, the local authority, outside agencies (including the voluntary sector) to ensure cohesive service delivery to families, schools and settings
- To co-ordinate objectives and work on developments for specific projects and areas of work within the work of the team, as required by managers and senior SLT
- To ensure that the day to day management and professional speech and language therapy support and supervision and appraisal arrangements for designated staff are carried out, in line with RCSLT and HCPC regulations, and Local Authority guidelines
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Recognised Speech and Language Therapy Degree qualification.
- Registered member of Health Care Professions Council
- Evidence of comprehensive professional development, including specialist training courses in the field of autism spectrum disorder
- Specialist knowledge and understanding of the relevant issues (including national and local initiatives) in both education generally and SEN
- Specialist knowledge of a range of assessment and intervention techniques specific to the management and support of children with autism spectrum disorder
- Significant experience of working with children and young people, with autism spectrum disorder in inclusive settings/schools
- Evidence of planning and delivering training to a range of audiences
- Well-developed problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to produce high quality reports Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
- Previous experience in a similar role
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Highly Specialist Speech & Language Therapist
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.