- Pay Rate:
Up to £22.23 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 18 months
Interim Health & Safety Specialist - Event Management
Reference no: Watford 5208003
Basic DBS disclosure is listed as a requirement for this role
Hybrid working from home and office - requires site visits
Part time will be considered
The purpose of the role is to ensure events being organised and run within the areas of Watford and Three Rivers are safe. Working with both councils the successful candidate will support the in house events teams to ensure events are safe; will also work with external companies and organisations so that the councils can approve their events as safe to go ahead. Support the environmental health team, but will be the lead contact.
- Collaborate with Infection Prevention and Control professionals to interpret all relevant guidance, and consider the implications on health and safety for all staff, volunteers and citizens involved in delivering events.
- Use a range of resources to implement relevant guidance to ensure the effective operation of a COVID-secure events.
- Contribute to the development of strategies and plans, including site specific plans.
- Review and provide feedback on any, plans and guidelines already produced within WBC.
- Interpret and implement guidance on the types of controls including PPE, cleaning equipment and regimes, waste disposal and other resources as necessary.
- Advise on, develop and, where necessary, deliver training to Managers, staff, on Health and Safety and Infection Control Matters.
- Provide a Single Point of Contact for queries and advice relating to the operation of COVID secure events.
- Work with colleagues and event organisers to provide advice and where necessary in-person support through visits to event sites before and during Events.
- Review and provide feedback on any processes and how these could be improved.
- Engage with Events team to establish core business requirements.
- Attendance at Safety Advisory Group.
- Accountable to Environmental Health Manger.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Qualification (NEBOSH Diploma) and experience in health and safety essential, infection prevention and control desirable.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Longer hours and out-of-hours required in the lead up to and during larger events
- Ability to travel in a COVID-secure way to multiple sites across Watford.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Health & Safety Specialist - Event Management
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.