- Pay Rate:
£276.79 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
23 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 5-6 months
- WESTON SUPER MARE,
Interim Head Service - Service Improvement
Job Ref: RQ607360
This post will take a lead practice development role within the Family Support and Safeguarding Service, primarily in the children with disabilities service
- Better alignment of the SEND and social care systems, providing a more joined-up experienced for families
- Social care provision helping children and young people meet identified outcomes and aspirations.
- Needs being met earlier, preventing avoidable crises
- More proportionate and tailored assessments and decision making
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Degree or equivalent level of experience Professional qualification in Social Work (Diploma in Social Work, BA/BSc/MA in Social Work, CQSW as required by Health & Care Professions Council)
- In depth knowledge of child development, child care legislation, safeguarding practice, managing risk and care planning
- Knowledge and understanding of the role and remit of other professionals working with children and young people with SEND and their families.
- Experience of working with specific client groups e.g. Learning Disabilities, Physical Disability
- Highly developed skills in developing and managing strategic and business planning processes across a complex range of services for children or adults
- Management skills and well developed interpersonal skills especially when handling conflict and change
- Ability to inspire trust and confidence at a service user level and a Senior Management level within the Trust, LBR and external partners
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Head Service - Service Improvement
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.