- Pay Rate:
£521.67 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35, Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
- Woolwich, London,
Interim Head of Highways and Traffic
Reference no: Greenwich RQ817334
Pay Rate: £521.67 per day PAYE
Role Length: This opening assignment is for 6 months
A Division Head is required to provide an effective, comprehensive, and integrated traffic and network management service across the borough and to lead on matters related to the movement of people and goods on the highway network.
Head of Highways and Traffic has responsibility for:
- Highways Maintenance
- Structures & Street Lighting
- Network management and coordination, street works, TMA, NRSWA, licences, etc / Traffic Regulation Orders
- Project management and engineering of the main LIP funded programmes including local safety & 20mph schemes, bus priority, cycling projects, walking, accessibility, etc.
- Lead a diverse team, with a wide range of roles and work styles.
- Think strategically and help develop policies and programmes that deliver Corporate and Transport Strategies.
- Establish and manage a robust programme and budget, including funding bids.
- Provide up-to-date advice on all traffic related technical, legal and policy issues.
- Work collaboratively with other teams, internal and external stakeholders.
- Communicate effectively with politicians and other senior stakeholders, acting as an effective representative of the team, division, directorate as appropriate.
- Establish and maintain effective and efficient processes to managing performance, project delivery, procurement, expenditure, consultation, decision making & approvals and timely responses to queries from the public, members, MPs, etc.
- Enhance the visibility of the team’s policies and programmes.
- Provide a co-ordinated approach to the use of the highway, and the network co-ordination role.
- Develop and implement programmes that align with the client’s strategic vision to reduce traffic, improve road safety, and air quality, increase active travel (cycling & walking), aid accessibility and enhance road-based public transport.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Experience, Skills, Knowledge / Technical skills:
- Extensive experience in a similar role.
- Experience managing substantial budgets.
- Strong technical expertise, programme management, communication, finance, stakeholder management and team leadership skills.
- Communication/interpersonal skills.
- Leadership skills with ability to meet operational objectives through setting priorities, innovation, delegation, problem solving, and execution of planning monitoring and performance management processes.
- Prioritise effectively and manage several projects at once.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Head of Highways and Traffic
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.