- Pay Rate:
£30.04 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
Interim Head Of Digital Services
Job Ref: DIGWokingham RQ679278
Pay Rate: £30.04 per hour PAYE
To drive, lead and manage digital improvement to increase efficiency, manage demand and improve outcomes for the residents ensuring involvement and engagement with key internal and external stakeholders. This includes taking ownership of the delivery of the portfolio of digital projects and programmes. Working collaboratively with the Head of IT and wider senior leadership team of the Council and stakeholders to deliver the objectives of the Council’s Digital and Technology Strategy, in line with the Council Plan – making sure that the voice of the customer and user experience is included within digital design. Responsible for the successful implementation of digital initiatives, ensuring benefits are realised and delivered within the timescales agreed
- Lead delivery of digital services to as set out in Digital and Technology Strategy and to ensure digital services are easy to use and aligned to users' needs first.
- Lead digital improvements projects within the Council’s Customer Excellence Programme to underpin project delivery, project delivery support and strategic relationships, ensuring delivery of digital improvements collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Establish and maintain strategic relationships across the Council, it’s partners and customers to ensure that there is a long-term view of digital projects and initiatives that will influence and shape the Digital and Technology Strategy.
- Lead the Digital Experience function to make sure the Council’s website and front end digital services are easy to use and focused on user needs.
- Lead the Digital Development function to explore and exploit opportunities in both existing and emerging technologies to deliver internal and external digital services that are easy to use and focused on user needs.
- Lead the Digital Learning and Development Specialist to ensure colleagues across the Council and key external stakeholders are supported in changing their ways of working and explore and exploit digital opportunities in both existing and emerging technologies.
- Ensure the roadmap for digital improvement is widely socialised and governance is in place to oversee prioritisation, quality, budgets. Timescales and alignment to Organisational Foundation Programmes.
- Seek to understand and actively develop opportunities for digital service provision and new business, working in close collaboration with the Commercialisation Programme.
- Ensuring internal stakeholders, managing 3rd party supplier relationships, to adhere to the digital guidelines and standards in all areas including brand, accessibility and usability. Acting as a gatekeeper to the integrity of all digital services.
- Ensure the digital solutions that are delivered meet the Council's business continuity and disaster recovery needs
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Educated to degree level (or be able to demonstrate equivalent knowledge, skills and aptitude)
- Excellent working knowledge of the digital principles and best practice, and regional and national drivers surrounding digital delivery including public sector digital accessibility requirements
- Experience of successfully resolving complex, cross cutting problems where there may be no clear consensus about cause or solution that require an element of judgement
- Experience of working in a matrix management environment, where cross-team and cross-organisation working
- Experience of managing projects to successful outcomes
- Highly developed organisational skills
- Good communication skills with the ability to express views clearly orally and in writing, to prepare reports and briefing notes on service and project issues for presentation to the Project Delivery Group, at Programme level, Senior Managers or elected members
- Able to pass on knowledge to colleagues in a clear and controlled manner
- Working collaboratively with partners to influence the achievement of successful outcomes
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Head Of Digital Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.