- Pay Rate:
£21.03 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1-2 months
Interim Group Accountant
Job Ref: RQ614984
The primary purpose of this post is to make an effective contribution to the Finance Management of the Council by providing financial advice and management accounting services to a portfolio of Service Divisions
- To contribute to the formulation of Service objectives and policies.
- To contribute to the effective and efficient implementation of Council policies and the achievement of the Council’s objectives. To help achieve the aims, objectives and targets set by the finance service and the project manager, particularly financial ones.
- To work within the values and culture of the Council. To participate in co-operative working across services in accordance with the Council’s Vision and Values. To participate in cross-service initiatives as required.
- To undertake all duties within the Councils Rules, Policies and approved procedures and recognised codes of conduct, such as Internet use, health and safety, equalities etc.
- To be aware, and keep updated on, the issues affecting local government nationally and locally.
- To contribute to ensuring that that effective external working relationships are established and maintained with outside organisations and agencies relevant to the work of the Council.
- To contribute to effective and accessible communication with staff, service users, the general public and others as appropriate
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Professionally Qualified Accountant (CCAB) or equivalent
- Thorough knowledge of Financial Information Systems
- At least five years’ experience, 2-year post qualification, in a public sector business or financial environment
- Experience of working with and advising Chief Officers, Strategic Directors, Divisional Directors, Members, Trade Union representatives and Members of the public
- Experience of supporting budget holders in service planning and budget preparation
- Analytical and ‘business sense’ skills
- Numerate and interpretative skills
- Ability to interpret accounting regulations and legislation
- Able to use computerised accounting and related systems and PC based applications, including advanced level / knowledge of spreadsheet packages and word processing applications
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Group Accountant
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.