- Pay Rate:
£345 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
40 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
Interim Framework Manager
Job Ref: 8746-D
This is a critical senior management role which will be at the forefront of leading and delivering significant efficiency savings in the highways sector in line with Government and local government objectives
- Lead and manage the development of the Frameworks as an organisation, in collaboration with key stakeholders from across all Authorities, to deliver Client objectives.
- Promote, maintain and develop the culture of collaborative and consultative working across the Frameworks to support the development of the frameworks.
- Report to, support and advise the Boards and implement decisions arising, and lead the development and implementation of any successor frameworks.
- Produce the frameworks Annual Business Plan and present for approval by the Board.
- The Plan should identify and prioritise opportunities for effective collaborative working that will achieve the required efficiency savings, setting these out as a programme of specific work-streams for the following 12 months. Ensure that objectives for any project work-streams and their desired outcomes are clearly defined and that timescales for delivery are agreed and recorded within the Business Plan. State within the Plan what benefits are anticipated from each work-stream and the contribution that these will make towards the overall efficiency targets.
- Produce the frameworks ‘End of Year’ Progress Report to the Board. The ‘End of Year’ report will reflect upon what has been delivered by the programmed work-streams over the past 12 months and the scale of efficiency savings actually achieved. The report will also include other achievements and issues experienced.
- Maintain expert knowledge of relevant legislation, standards and public policy issues affecting the Frameworks and its development on frameworks of all Authorities. Ensure that successful outcomes and associated identified best practice is communicated to all framework members and other stakeholder partners. Ensure that members remain aware of emerging and new efficiency opportunities
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Relevant Engineering, Highways or Project Management Degree or equivalent qualification
- A clear understanding of the national highways agenda and emerging issues
- Demonstrable experience of strategic influence and successful business negotiation
- Experience in developing, leading and managing programmes within large/complex organisations
- Experience in embedding a new function or discipline within and/or across complex organisations
- Excellent interpersonal skills with strong negotiating and persuasion abilities
- Able to build strong and constructive business relations with internal and external customers and partners
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Framework Manager
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.