- Pay Rate:
£30.00 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 5-6 months
- ST ALBANS,
Full Job Title: Interim Finance Business Partner – Finance & Legal
Reference no: St Albans 5208775
To lead on the provision of financial planning, budget monitoring and other financial services for designated services.
To support the Business Partnering Manager in the provision of a full range of professional support services to Councillors and senior managers, leading on key areas of activity as appropriate.
- Provide tailored expert financial advice and information, which supports overall strategic and operational developments in a range of designated services.
- Responsible for the accounting, budgeting and reporting arrangements for designated areas of the Council’s revenue and capital programmes and ensuring that these meet business needs and comply with statutory guidance.
- Ensure compliance with CIPFA’s Code of Practice on Local Authority Accounting, the Prudential Code for Capital Finance.
- Support the Finance Manager Systems and Controls and the Team Leader Controls in the preparation of the Statutory Accounts in undertaking accountancy work.
- To be responsible for the production of budget management reports to enable them to be presented to Budget Managers; Corporate Management Team; Cabinet; and, Overview and Scrutiny Committees in accordance with agreed timescales.
- To actively engage in the support programme to the Deputy Chief Executive (Finance and Legal) in relation to the annual budget cycle.
- Support the development and implementation of systems, procedures and information processes in order to improve the level of financial support provided to the council.
- Carry out systematic bench-marking of council services and operations against other service providers, other councils and key performance indicators in order to inform managers and drive up council performance. Using this knowledge to provide proactive advice and guidance to managers on how best to handle their financial activities.
- Providing financial information, analysis and recommendations to business areas in order to enable management to make financially sound business decisions.
- Minimise risk of overspend and avoid financial problems going undetected.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Membership of appropriate professional body (CCAB or AAT) or equivalent experience
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Mandatory practising certificates, where appropriate
- Educated to degree or evidence of degree level ability of education through work experience and relevant experience of working in a financial services environment at a higher level
- Experience of providing sound financial advice to managers which enables them to achieve business aims and comply with financial regulations and good practice.
- Evidence of dealing with complex financial matters and identifying potential solutions
- Experience of monitoring budgets and creating systems to support good financial control
- Knowledge & Skills:
- Up to date and working knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations, standards and core disciplines of work area including medium and long term planning, budget preparation and budget monitoring, service costing, fees and charges and variance analysis
- Sound working knowledge of electronic budgetary control processes and procedures
- Able to produce reports, spreadsheets, etc that are accurate, easy to understand (Plain English) and well laid out
- ICT Skills:
- Appropriate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and work specific software packages including Excel
- Proficient user of Finance systems /databases
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Finance Business Partner – Finance & Legal
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.