- Pay Rate:
Up to £331.66 per day PAYE depending on experience TBC
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 10 months
- North Greenwich, London,
Interim Finance Business Partner – Accounting
Reference no: TL 0006 7C64 / 1
Pay Rate: Up to £331.66 per day PAYE depending on experience TBC (plus 38 days of paid holiday)
The purpose of the role is to provide comprehensive financial support working with decision makers and budget holders to ensure that the business area has robust financial information to support effective decision making.
Utilising financial services provided by the Business Services Function to provide management accounting; the role holder will operate with the business area to provide commercial support and insight in an accurate and timely way, being a sounding board to new initiatives, helping to identify risks and opportunities and have the ability to explain financial concepts to non finance people.
- Responsible for providing key management reporting and information for the business area to support decision making and achieving business objectives.
- Undertake the collection, collation and challenge of financial and other planning information with supporting risks and opportunities to inform the financial planning process encompassing short- and long-term plans for the business area.
- Provide ad hoc analysis and insight on business performance, including using investment and project appraisal techniques, to support effective decision making and the delivery of objectives.
- Responsible for shaping the options for the annual Business Plan and the affordability of the budget for the business area.
- Acts as a Finance business partner to Budget holder.
- Meeting with Project Managers every four weeks – to calculate VOWD, future forecasts & EFC for their projects. Review & Challenge the numbers and assumptions. Obtain reasons for any movements since last period and any variances to Budgets/Quarterly forecast.
- Produce Budgets / Quarterly Forecasts / Business Plans for their projects / programmes.
- Review periodic actuals v VOWD and make any required changes (actualisation), review any negative accruals, and make any final changes to periodic forecasts.
- Period end activities – including providing causal commentaries for their projects / programmes, producing programme dashboards / reports, producing variance analysis and commentaries.
- Attend Programme Delivery Meetings, Programme Steering Meetings, Sponsors & SPM’s meetings – present / go through latest financials, forecasts and movements.
- Review and complete financial information on FCOG Papers, Investment Group Papers, T&D Forum Papers, IAP Papers & Business Cases.
- Dealing with any master data requests for their projects (e.g. new Profit Centres, WBS’s).
- Providing information on AUC (Assets Under Construction) and dealing with periodic Prepayments and Cash Flow.
- Dealing with Year End activities including project questionnaires (if chosen) and any questions from auditors
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Qualified or part Qualified CCAB (Desirable).
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience at building relationships at senior management level
- Working knowledge of investment appraisal tools and methodologies and their application.
- Previous experience of Finance Business Partnering
- Experience of working on capital projects would be good and experience of technology projects would be ideal.
- Experience of working on Capital projects, working on IT projects would be ideal
- Experience of building relationships at all levels (this role has lots of stakeholders including Project Managers, Senior Project Managers, Senior Programme Managers, Sponsors and Heads of)
- Ability to challenge / question the results, good communication and influence skills & good problem solving and decision making.
- Experience in managing delivery of key management accounting services to time, budget and quality.
- Experience of using accounting tools such as SAP & BEX Analyzer (Desirable).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Finance Business Partner – Accounting
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.