- Pay Rate:
£190.00 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1 month
Interim Finance Business Partner
Job Ref: RQ615003
To support a solution-focussed, innovative financial management function that enables the effective allocation of resources to outcomes to ensure value for money for the public purse. To support the provision of professional and evidence-based management information to support the long-term sustainability of the Council and its trusted partners
- Proactively support colleagues to ensure the provision of reliable, effective and timely financial support and advice that contributes to the achievement of their objectives.
- Represent the Senior Finance Business Partner as and when required in internal and external scenarios and to display the behaviours and values expected in a positive and professional manner.
- Support the provision of proactive, solution-focussed advice and guidance to the organisation to enable innovation and commercialism within the realms of the Council’s procurement and finance procedure rules.
- Be an effective team member seeking out development opportunities to support succession planning so that the team is operating to the expected standard of a high performing, excellent, finance business partnering function.
- Support the delivery of the council’s financial sustainability and resilience by working with the team to provide insight and intelligence to predict and model demand management
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- A formal accountancy qualification or equivalent professional knowledge gained through significant experience working as a finance specialist
- Experienced in a relevant role in a financial setting
- Able to think and act across and outside organisational boundaries
- Able to sustain successful partnership working, across the Council
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Finance Business Partner
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.