- Pay Rate:
£20.00 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1 month
Full Job Title: Interim Finance & Administration Manager – Tourism & Culture
Reference no: Lewes RQ643305
Lead the operational management of the Finance & Administration Team, and service, to ensure accurate and timely information is provided for the DQ operation and robustly driving and managing the performance of the team and service.
Ensure the Finance and Administration team provide a quality service to their customers through collaboration, innovation, knowledge, and professional excellence.
Review and modernise the Finance & Administration services’ financial and administrative ways of working, exploiting technology to improve efficiency.
- Lead and manage the day to day activities of the Finance & Administration team to ensure the finance and administration needs of the DQ and Theatres are met, accurately and on time, by providing excellent customer service.
- Actively manage the performance of the team, leading by example to provide a positive working environment open to new ideas, change and new ways of working.
- Manage and support the team including proactively and robustly managing workflow, priorities, and performance, conducting one to ones, performance reviews, attending reviews as appropriate and assisting in the recruitment and selection of staff.
- Collaborate with colleagues to resolve issues, identify and implement improvements in performance and customer services and ensure that any complaints are responded to in a timely manner.
- Support the Commercial and Operations Director by leading, as well as delivering, the service ensuring accurate monitoring and regular outturn predictions are delivered in a timely manner and providing financial and administration support by creating robust monitoring mechanisms across the team and service.
- Ensure that all required Advance Production payments are fulfilled with the contractual time frame and provide monthly updates and produce final settlement statements for all shows, events and conferences as per contractual agreements, ensuring correct payment and income is received and documented accurately.
- Produce monthly Show Account summary detailing surplus against income target and reporting Cultural Exemption and check the Final Settlement Statements and self-invoices as required for payment of final settlement for all shows, events and conferences, as per specific individual contracts.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Relevant degree or experience
- Highly experienced in the direct line management of staff
- Proven experience of motivating a team and delivering a finance and administration service
- Experience of managing complex staffing matters including sickness and performance
- Significant experience working in a finance business environment, striving for new ways of working to improve customer experience and service delivery
- Proven ability to manage and deliver a demanding and complex workload
- Proven ability to manage complex tasks while working at pace and maintaining accuracy within a limited timeframe
- Financial management and systems
- Procurement principles
- VAT legislation
- Financial reconciliation processes
- Working Time Regulations Legislation
- Understanding of complexities of a Theatres type environment
- Able to lead, performance manage and motivate a team to deliver agreed targets
- Skills and drive to provide excellent finance and admin services by exploiting technology to improve efficiency.
- Communicate effectively with customers, colleagues, Council Officers, and external agencies.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite)
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Finance & Admin Manager – Tourism & Culture
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.