- Pay Rate:
£34.00 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2 months
Enhanced DBS disclosure required
Discharge to assess experience preferred.
To uphold standards of practice for Occupational Therapists as determined by the regulatory body, the Health and Care Professions Council and the Professional Standards and Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct of the Royal College of Occupational Therapists.
To undertake occupational therapy assessments with customers. To plan for the provision of support and/ or services with customers in order to assist them meet their outcomes and to live as independently as possible fulfilling their individual potential.
To support carers to continue in their role.
To provide professional supervision and support to Occupational Therapists and Customer Coordinators, working within the same locality/ environment.
To deliver this service in accordance with the statutory responsibilities as set out within social care and housing legislation
To ensure that the primary responsibility of safeguarding adults is delivered in accordance with the law and local policy and guidance.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Manage a busy caseload including complex and challenging cases; provide support and guidance for the management of complex and challenging cases. Be able to reprioritise work according to individual customer and service needs.
- Undertake strengths based occupational therapy assessments working with customers with complex occupational needs and contentious situations (including assessment of mental capacity where appropriate); using your professional judgement to adapt your approach to the individual needs of the customer.
- Design and implement innovative reablement plans for people living in complex situations to enable customers to meet their goals and reduce need for ongoing support and minimise demand for long term care. This will include liaison and negotiation with family members and support staff on options to encourage independence and safe practice.
- Demonstrate competence in complex risk assessment and positive risk taking. Work with customers to manage risk and record actions and strategies agreed. Support other team members with management of risk.
- Coordinate the customer’s reablement journey, in collaboration with the customer and/or family members. This will involve regular contact with the customer, members of the reablement team and relevant partners to evidence decision making in reviewing goals, planning interventions responding to change and evaluating progress for customers with complex physical, emotional or social needs.
- Undertake complex moving and handling risk assessments, using your expertise to record the recommendations in an format appropriate to the customers and/or carer’s needs. Monitoring and evaluating risk and sharing information with the relevant parties including demonstration of recommended techniques.
- Assess for and recommend minor and major adaptations in accordance with the Care Act and Housing legislation and guidance with customers with complex physical or social barriers, within the reablement service. Use expert professional skills and judgement to analyse, discuss and negotiate options with the customer to improve accessibility within their own home or recommend re-housing. Establish and maintain good working relationship and carry out joint visits and assessments with other professionals e.g. GP's, Consultants and Health Therapists working with the customer. Seek advice from and refer to other disciplines as appropriate
- Consider the needs of carers in line with Care Act eligibility and make referrals to partner agencies for assessment and support as required.
- Practice within the current legal framework, including health, social care and housing legislation; and Wiltshire Council policies and procedures. Provide guidance and advice to support other members of the team to work within the legal framework, policies and procedures.
- Contribute proactively to the effective working of the team with positive attitude by sharing knowledge, offering advice and support and by preparedness to be involved in the development of services
- Take active responsibility for your own continuing professional development including attendance at statutory and non statutory training and participation in development opportunities
- Fully engage and prepare for own supervision and appraisal through self-evaluation, ensuring that continual professional development is evidenced.
- To have a good awareness of safeguarding in line with Wiltshire policy, including making referrals and participation in safeguarding investigations.
- Provide professional supervision and support to Occupational Therapists and other members of the team, promoting evidence-informed practice. Ensure that supervision is timely and recorded and that any practice and other concerns are communicated with senior staff/ line managers
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Professional Qualification in Occupational Therapy (Diploma or degree)
- Registered with the HCPC as an Occupational Therapist
- Evidenced experience of professional and personal development following achievement of professional qualification, a minimum of 2 years’ post-qualification
- Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience of working with adults
- Significant knowledge and understanding of Health, Housing and Social Care legislation and wider policy context.
- Significant up-to-date knowledge of relevant legislation and guidance in relation to working with, and the safeguarding of adults.
- Significant knowledge and experience of delivering adaptations through the Disabled Facilities Grant process.
- Significant knowledge of reablement to support and promote independence.
- Significant and up-to-date knowledge and experience of undertaking moving and handling assessments and writing moving and handling plans.
- Experience of contributing to the supervision of staff and taking part in professional supervision
- Skills & Abilities:
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate with people in a variety of ways and levels.
- Ability to professionally challenge
- Literate, numerate and good computer skills
- Ability to prioritise work and support others to do this.
- A self-starter, well organised person who is passionate about delivery of high quality customer-centric services.
- Must be able to write clear, accurate and evidence-informed documentation
- Fully fluent in spoken and written English
- IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite)
- Other Work-Related Requirements: Driving Licence essential in order to travel throughout the Chippenham and Trowbridge area.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
If you would prefer to send a CV straight to us rather than by way of an on-line application, you are very welcome to do so via [email protected] but please quote both the job reference and job title exactly as they appear below:
Interim Experienced Occupational Therapist - Reablement
Anticipated Length of Assignment: Unless otherwise stated (we do carry the occasional permanent vacancy) all of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis and can sometimes become permanent.
Please do try to resist contacting us with requests for progress updates.
We really do read every CV sent to us. All applications will be acknowledged by a human, not a robot, provided the job remains live and provided your CV meets the “Essential Requirements” listed.
Please note that we do our level best to take down ads as soon as roles have been filled. We are not in the business of harvesting CVs.
Important: We will interpret your application as being permission to submit your CV to this role (with the right to represent you) unless you advise us to the contrary.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.