- Pay Rate:
up to £400 per day PAYE, depending on experience TBC
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 12 months
Interim EUD Technical Lead
Reference no: Thames Valley BL TCL 359776
Pay Rate: up to £400 per day PAYE, depending on experience TBC
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 12 months
NPPV Level 3
Hybrid working arrangement (must be able to travel to Kidlington and Southampton).
Full UK Driving Licence is considered essential
NB: Police Vacancy - only for candidates with a minimum of 5 years continuous UK address history. Please note that this vacancy is subject to a strict security vetting procedure.
The purpose of the role is to be responsible for the provision of technical leadership and expertise within the IT end user device support function (typically computer hardware, printers, Body Worn video, Smart Phones, OS deployment and desktop applications) required to deliver the needs of the business
- Manage end to end device lifecycles in accordance with the EUD strategy including device road maps and evaluation through to disposal, focussing on supportability, usability & cost effectiveness.
- Engage with the Problem management process using trend analysis to identify root cause and recommend permanent resolutions to reduce service impacting incidents.
- Work with the wider ICT and operational policing departments to deliver quality solutions in line with business requirements.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- ITIL V3 Foundation or ITIL V4 equivalent
- Previous experience working in ICT operational delivery and setting up an EUD operation service
- Proven experience of managing a team within an End User Device organisation
- Proven experience of delivering services in a fast paced environment
- Excellent customer experience ethos
- Previous experience supporting policing
- Proven experience in resourcing management
- Experience using ServiceNow
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent prioritisation skills and ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, customer focussed, team-worker, who is a flexible, adaptable, problem solver and able to work systematically and with little direct supervision.
- Ability to deliver services to a high quality standard
- Ability to understand and articulate how the application of ICT technology impacts the Forces' Policing and business objectives and processes.
- Ability to achieve significant outcomes through influence and persuasion rather than through direct line authority.
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
EUD Technical Lead
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.