- Pay Rate:
£277.05 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 5-6 months
Interim Estates Manager - Engineering & Surveying
Job Ref: Rotherham RQ684538
Pay Rate: £277.05 per day PAYE
A DBS disclosure is listed as a requirement for this role; however the level of disclosure has not been specified by the client.
The post holder will act as one of the Council’s Professional Chartered Surveyors leading a comprehensive professional Estate Surveying Service. The post holder will support the Strategic Asset Manager in the delivery of the Council’s Corporate Objectives through the Asset Management Plan and other Corporate Plans and Strategies As Estates Manager you will be required to have the management and supervisory responsibility for all team members ensuring the delivery of RICS / CIPFA compliant asset valuations for financial reporting and being the primary client contact for such reporting. You will manage, supervise and deliver complex projects including the negotiation of the review, acquisition and disposal of all types of land and property assets and interests including compulsory purchase projects both acting on behalf of Asset Management and other departments within the Council
- You will be responsible for the planning and allocating work across the Estates Team, checking work is done to time and quality and carrying out on-job training for Estates Surveyors and non-qualified Principal Surveyors. For Estates Surveyors and non-qualified Principal Surveyors who are actively pursuing professional accreditation, to act as either Counsellor and/or Supervisor for their Assessment of Professional Competency (APC)
- You will act as the first point of contact for Councillors, Senior Officers and external partners and providing a lead for expert property advice and producing reports on complex cases and matters to Councillors, Senior Officers and external partners
- You will oversee all activities of the Estates Team in the provision of its services as determined by corporate objectives, Asset Management Plans and other Corporate Plans and Strategies, together with all statutory obligations and legislative requirements, being the senior investigating officer and signatory for Complaints, Councillor and Senior Officer enquiries and Freedom of Information requests within the Estates Team
- You will provide a lead for complex valuation advice to all Council departments and promoting the Corporate use of the property assets across the Council via the adopted Asset Management Plan
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Have a Level 7 qualification (e.g. Post Graduate Certificates and Diplomas) Or have a Level 6 Qualifications (e.g Honours Degree) alongside considerable practical work experience within a Strategic Property/Asset Management Environment with staff supervisory experience
- Be a RICS Accredited Chartered Surveyor with considerable post qualification experience and a be Registered Valuer (or be prepared to work towards the appropriate Registered Valuer Status)
- Knowledge of current Local Government democratic processes and understanding of the political context
- Experience of dealing with complex Property Estate matters, such as Valuations, acquisitions and disposals
- Experience of managing staff and complex situations, using clear judgement to advise others to do the same
- Ability to interpret reports from professional staff
- Ability to manage and lead a team effectively in a challenging environment
- Ability to analyse and solve problems with an appreciation of possible longer-term implications
- Ability to assess situations which are not straightforward and an understanding of when to escalate issues
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Estates Manager - Engineering & Surveying
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.