- Pay Rate:
£24.05 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 4 months
- NORTH KENSINGTON, London,
Full Job Title: Interim Environmental Surveyor – Housing Management
Reference no: K&C 5206204
Basic DBS disclosure required
To provide assistance in a full range of Environmental, Landscape and Built Environment Surveying duties. Providing a professional, responsive and effective technical service within the Environmental Services Team
Responsibility for the customer focused first contact for the Estate Improvement Projects undertaken by the Environmental Services Team and Project manage small to medium size environmental Improvement projects monitor to make sure they are cost effective construction-related projects are delivered on time, within budget and to agreed quality.
Providing assistant with contract and project information, Undertake Planning Permission submissions to include scaled AutoCAD diagrams and responding to enquiries and complaints with regards to the delivery of the Estate Improvement Budget Projects.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Degree Level in an appropriate Qualification
- Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Previous Surveying experience in an Environmental / Built Environment capacity and be able to demonstrate sound relevant technical and practical knowledge and experienced gained.
- Proven experience of small to medium project management to include project conception and design, budget estimates, anticipated project expenditures, programme information and delivery.
- An ability to demonstrate experience in resident participation and engagement
- Effective Planning and Organisational Skills with the ability to Multi-task.
- Effectiveness to manage both Office based and site workings and meetings with residents and contractors
- Ability to undertake tasks in line with Health and Safety / Fire Safety regulations
- Be able to communicate effectively across all stakeholders
- Experience of writing reports and managing large spreadsheets
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite)
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- *** Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Project Management experience across small scale improvement schemes
- A general knowledge and understanding of the procurement process within a local authority service.
- Software knowledge and skill of CAD for technical drawings
- Knowledge of CRM / OpenHousing /IBC systems
- Knowledge of current Health & Safety legislation and regulations.
- Knowledge of current Planning legislation and regulations.
- Be Proactive, reliable, flexible, courteous, honest and practical
- Experience of managing/supervising others
- Able to work with minimal supervision and make decisions confidently
- Ability to adapt swiftly and use initiative to solve problems
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Environmental Surveyor – Housing Management
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.