- Pay Rate:
£20.54 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- ISLINGTON, LONDON,
Interim Environmental Health Officer x2
Job Ref: RQ594408
Working within the Res EH Team
- Deal with service requests, including complaints in a timely manner, and take appropriate follow up action.
- Carry out inspections of properties, identify deficiencies and assess hazards to health and safety.
- Use enforcement powers as authorised including service of notices, simple cautions, civil penalty notices and prosecutions.
- Secure improvements to standards and management in private rented housing.
- Deal with property licence applications
- Provide expert advice to landlords, agents, tenants and other relevant people.
- Investigate unlicensed HMOs and other privately rented properties covered by either mandatory licensing or the additional and selective licensing schemes.
- Maintain an up to date comprehensive record on all aspects of work, including inspection records and follow up action.
- Use data and intelligence to support service objectives
- Carry out duties in accordance with legal requirements, guidance issued by external agencies and internal procedures
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Chartered Environmental Health Practioner and/or Possess a degree or diploma in Environmental Health and the Environmental Health Registration Board’s Certificate of Registration
- Knowledge and understanding of housing defects & remedial action, Housing Act 2004, other legislation relevant to private rented housing conditions, HHSRS, Property Licensing and LACORS Fire Safety Standards
- Detailed knowledge of environmental health, building and housing legislation to improve housing standards within the remit of environmental health and working knowledge of other council functions such as Housing Strategy, Planning and Building Control, Trading Standards as well as other agencies such as the Fire Service and Health and Safety Executive.
- Minimum of one years experience in Environmental Health/Environmental Enforcement in a local authority context
- IT skills including ability to use word processing, spreadsheets and databases
- Communications skills including the ability to write contemporaneous notes on inspections, write complex letters and reports and explain private sector housing requirements to a broad range of people
- Prepared to work and undertake inspections outside office hours when required
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Environmental Health Officer x2
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.