- Pay Rate:
£25.00 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- BRIXTON, London,
Full Job Title: Interim Environmental Health Officer – Private Sector Housing
Job Reference: Lambeth RQ675256
Pay Rate: £25.00 per hour PAYE
To manage a caseload of service requests from private sector tenants, and to undertake detailed surveys of a range of property types. Surveys to include application of the statutory Housing Health and Safety Rating System.
Prepare statutory notices for approval and serve these on individuals or properties as required. Carrying out compliance re-visits and abating/withdrawing/amending actions.
Be self-serving with respect to administration, case record keeping and other related duties and utilise IT system to update and record information required according to guidance and established procedures.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- A Degree or Diploma in Environmental Health or equivalent
- Possession of a relevant Professional qualification in building or surveying or demonstrable experience in construction, residential repairs and maintenance
- Ability to inspect residential properties and dwellings and make judgements as to the most appropriate course of action
- A good working knowledge and experience of applying relevant housing, environmental health and related legislation to enforce private sector housing conditions
- Direct evidence of expert knowledge and experience of professional practice and procedure in terms of Housing and Public Health enforcement in complex cases
- An excellent, detailed working knowledge of the legislation, statutory guidance, circulars, and technical literature relevant to the services provided by private sector housing teams
- Competent in the use of standard Office based computer systems and a range of common software applications and the ability to interrogate, input routine data and extract reports from a management information system
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Environmental Health Officer – Housing
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.