- Pay Rate:
£40.13 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
Full Job Title: Interim Environmental Health Officer – Food & Safety
Reference no: Elmbridge RQ588722
Basic DBS disclosure required
Required - an experienced and competent food and safety Environmental Health Officer. Being part of the food and safety team, you will cover a wide range of food hygiene, health and safety, infectious disease and skin piercing licensing roles, as well as a variety of public health projects, including COVID 19 response work.
Main duties include:
- Programmed routine and reactive food hygiene inspections.
- Complaint investigations across Food and Health and Safety.
- Appropriate enforcement in line with enforcement policy and principles
- Business support and coaching including the delivery of training
- Investigations of infectious diseases
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Professional qualification in Environmental Health (e.g. degree or diploma), with certificate of registration from EHORB
- Corporate membership of CIEH - desirable
- Previous experience in an Environmental Health Team with experience of working in a regulatory setting both in terms of food hygiene and safety and/or health and safety
- Working experience of infectious disease control, and skin piercing licensing – desirable
- Experience in dealing with members of the public, business and external organisations delivering excellent customer service.
- Previous experience of undertaking prosecutions including preparing witness statements and appearing in court – desirable
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Food safety and Hygiene, Health and Safety at Work, Infectious disease control, and skin piercing licensing.
- Good working knowledge of current Environmental Health Legislation with the ability to apply to real life scenarios.
- Flexible and adaptable team worker.
- ICT Skills:
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience of using of Northgate, Microsoft Office, IDOX or similar software – desirable
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- *** Other Work-Related Requirements:
- Willing to work flexibly including out of office hours work, and home working as required.
- Access to a vehicle to carry out inspections and visits throughout the Borough.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Environmental Health Officer – Food & Safety
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.