- Pay Rate:
£24.29 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 7 months
- Westminster, London,
Interim Environmental Health Officer - Facilities & Environmental Services
Reference no: Westminster RQ646785
A Food Officer or Environmental Health Officer required with recent food safety and standards experience to join the team.
You must be EHRB registered or equivalent and be able to undertake a range of inspections from new premises and Category A-E as required, although the contract will predominantly be NP and Category Cs.
You should be able to undertake service request investigation and other areas of food hygiene and standards work if this is needed.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop, implement and enforce environmental health policies, using specialist technical skills and knowledge to maintain and safeguard standards relating to people's health and well-being
- Carry out routine or unplanned visits and inspections to ensure compliance with legislation and taking action to improve conditions, taking photos, producing drawings, removing samples and conducting interviews as part of the inspection process
- Investigating complaints from the general public and provide advice and assistance to householders and businesses
- Giving talks at public enquiries, meetings and exhibitions, as well as ensuring compliance through education, advice and enforcement
- Taking enforcement action, initiating legal proceedings, preparing and giving evidence in court
- Promote and ensure integration of environmental health with all other services across the Council and with other partners to deliver a co-ordinated and seamless operation.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- 3 A levels and 4 GCSEs (incl. Maths and English)
- Degree/Diploma in Environmental Health or relevant qualification
- Completion of practical training
- Further qualification in environmental health disciplines
- EHRB Registered
Skills and Knowledge:
- Previous work experience in Environmental Health or related field of work
- Good spoken and written communication skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Excellent care and attention to detail
- Ability to understand and explain legislation, procedures and requirements
- Good people skills, for dealing with people from all backgrounds
- A good level of scientific and technical understanding
- Ability to investigate, analyse and provide solutions to problems
- Assertiveness and tact
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Environmental Health Officer - Facilities/Environment
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.