- Pay Rate:
£24.65 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 7-8 months
Interim Environmental Health Officer
Job Ref: 1000433713440204
To protect the safety, health and wellbeing of Nottingham citizens through compliance and enforcement activities
- Be ambitious for Nottingham in the provision of Environmental Health focused regulatory activity in accordance with statutory requirements, Council Policies and service plans by means of education, advice and enforcement activities.
- To deliver the service in accordance with the service and department priorities and objectives.
- To be an authorised officer and undertake relevant enforcement and compliance activities including, advice, warning, service of legal notices, prosecution, employing surveillance, execution of warrants, formal interviews of defendants, in accordance with relevant legislation and operational procedures.
- To provide reactive and proactive services, investigate offences, be a decision maker in relation to compliance and enforcement, issue verbal cautions for minor infringements and prepare to take action as appropriate. Action will include informal and formal action i.e. prepare criminal prosecution and civil enforcement reports as appropriate, in line with relevant legal powers and procedural provisions, including the Criminal Proceedings and Investigations Act, Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act, Police and Criminal Evidence Act and the City Council Enforcement Policy.
- To advise, inform and assist citizens and businesses on the full range of EH&SP matters, including casework, and support as directed. You will have a specialism in one of the following areas(this is an overview and not exclusive) but will have the knowledge and ability to work across the range of Environmental Health matters as needed/requested (with reasonable supervision and support)
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- A degree or diploma in Environmental Health and a certificate of registration issued by the EHRB or equivalent
- Extensive knowledge, understanding and awareness of Environmental legislation and its application
- A sound technical knowledge, skills and competencies relating to the work of the team
- Demonstrated experience of applying legislation in a wide range of practical situations
- Experience of carrying out inspections and intervention visits at businesses and other premises
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and to be polite and helpful, in order to liaise with other organisations and customers
- Ability to develop and support team members and manage performance systems to ensure effective service delivery
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Environmental Health Officer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.