- Pay Rate:
£40.00 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 8-9 months
Interim Environmental Health Officer
Job Ref: Sunderland 2022 AGY 64
We require EHORB registered food competent EHOs to undertake the inspection of food premises for both food hygiene and food safety in Sunderland
- To undertake inspections of premises under the terms of relevant legislation to ensure compliance with the legal requirements in accordance with National standards and local Council and Departmental policy. The post holder will be expected to work evenings and weekends as necessary to undertake inspections.
- To investigate relevant service requests in accordance with Divisional procedures and ensure that remedial action is undertaken. The post holder will be expected to work evenings and weekends as necessary to undertake investigations.
- Provide advice on food safety and policy to Councillors, responsible authorities, businesses and their agents and residents.
- Prepare and sign licences/ registrations, correspondence and statutory notices within delegated responsibilities or pass to the Food Safety Manager / Head of Service for signature.
- Work closely with all internal and external partners to ensure food safety compliance
- Prepare cases for legal proceedings in consultation with the Food Safety Manager/ Head of Service and Legal Team.
- Undertake relevant promotional work and talks to residents and organisations as required.
- Act as subject lead for a designated area of work as directed by the Food Safety Manager/Head of Service.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge in relevant specialist areas and to undertake further training as required.
- Take part in the training and instruction of trainees in the specialist areas of responsibility
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Relevant qualifications to the work in Food Safety Enforcement as laid out in Th Food Law Code of Practice March 2021: e.g. Diploma or degree in Environmental Health
- Wide working knowledge of current Environmental Health legislation, especially food safety and infectious disease law and associated technical subjects
- Good working knowledge of legislation and practices associated with the provision of an environmental health service
- Experience of working within a local authority
- Working in a local authority food safety team as a fully qualified and authorised food safety officer
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Environmental Health Officer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.