- Pay Rate:
£34.11 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Interim Engineering Project Manager
Job Ref: Rotherham RQ613318
The project manager is responsible for delivering effective co-ordination of the service’s transport projects and management of their inter-dependencies including oversight of any risks and issues arising. They will plan and design projects and proactively monitor progress, resolving issues and initiating corrective action.
- Define the project's governance arrangements.
- Regularly report and progress updates to programme manager.
- Ensure effective quality assurance and the overall integrity of the project,
- Manage the project's budget, monitoring expenditure and costs against delivered and realised benefits as the project progresses
- Ability to negotiate and liaise with external consultants/detailed designers and suppliers to ensure best value and delivery
- Manage communications with all stakeholders.
- Manage both the dependencies and the interfaces between projects.
- Manage risks to the project's successful outcome.
- Initiate extra activities and other management interventions wherever gaps in the project are identified or issues arise.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Diploma/NVQ/Degree civil engineering or planning.
- Membership of ICE, IHE, CIHT.
- NEC Contract/Project Management qualification (desirable).
Experience, Knowledge & Skills:
- Experience of applying civil engineering contracts and use of procurement frameworks within the sector.
- Effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling projects.
- Good understanding of the procurement process including negotiation with third parties.
- Good knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures.
- Good knowledge of project and project management methods including MSP, PRINCE2, Association of Project Managers (APM) and/or Project Management Institute (PMI).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Engineering Project Manager – Transport Infrastructure
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.