- Pay Rate:
up to £18.07 per hour PAYE, depending on experience TBC
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- Ealing, London,
Interim Engineer x2 – Mechanical Engineering
Job ref: Ealing 6156
Pay Rate: up to £18.07 per hour PAYE, depending on experience TBC
Note: the pay rate is provisional only and the ad will be amended with the confirmed rate, once received.
Basic DBS required for this role
Work in line with customers’ needs as required, including evening, weekends and covering an on-call roster.
To work autonomously as a mobile mechanical engineer, performing a range of activities to ensure the safe and efficient operation of a range of mechanical building assets and equipment within Council Buildings.
- Independently conduct planned maintenance to mechanical equipment including plant, plumbing and Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) systems, hot and cold water systems and other building plant to maintain system components for optimum performance.
- Conduct reactive repairs to mechanical equipment, including investigation and identification of faults and component defects, and carrying out complex remedial works to a satisfactory standard.
- Clearly and effectively document planned and reactive maintenance tasks and actions through production of notes on PDAs, job reports and Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) documentation.
- Ensure compliance through undertaking cyclical maintenance such as tap temperatures tests, water testing and dosing as stipulated within Health and Safety regulations such as L.
- Assist in preparation of quotes and work authorisation documentation and order materials and equipment as authorised.
- Inspect and monitor plant, equipment, structures or the environment to assess condition and performance, and diagnose the cause of faults and component defects to rectify where possible.
- Detect or assess problems and requirements of critical plant, and advise Supervisor and Customers of recommended remedial actions where necessary.
- Commission and decommission commercial building equipment and plant, ensuring adequate testing prior to work completion.
- Operate machines, handheld PDAs and computers, vehicles, building plant equipment and mechanical power tools including drills, grinders, freezer kits etc.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Experience working in commercial plant rooms.
- NVQ or equivalent qualification in plumbing, pumps and associated equipment.
- NVQ or equivalent qualification in mechanical engineering such as HVAC installation and commissioning.
- Extensive working knowledge and experience of maintenance and repair of mechanical plant and building systems including heating and HVAC systems and controls, hot and cold water systems and other building plant sufficient to work proactively and autonomously across a wide portfolio of commercial buildings.
- Understanding and working awareness and of Health and Safety regulations and systems including statutory compliance, asbestos awareness, working at heights, COSHH, manual handling, slips, trips and falls and PPE sufficient to safely access environments (e.g. plant rooms, washrooms, construction sites, heights and confined spaces.
- Ability to work on own initiative and prioritise work schedules.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills including completing job reports in plain English.
- Computer Literacy including use of handheld PDAs and Microsoft Office packages.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Full Driving licence.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Engineer x2 – Mechanical Engineering
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.