- Pay Rate:
£25.33 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37, Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This assignment is for 3 -6 months initially with potential for extension
Interim Empty Property Officer
Reference no: IOW RQ648921
An Empty Property Officer with a background in Building Surveying is required to assist in contacting, liaising and negotiating with empty homeowners across the city, monitoring case progress and dealing with complaints received.
- Identifying the current properties (assisted by a Support Officer who will be gathering intelligence data).
- Listing / recording on our systems as necessary.
- Identifying which properties need assistance to bring them back into use.
- Liaising with Housing Associations, to establish their needs for leasing (or even purchasing) empty properties.
- Matching Housing Associations with property owners as applicable.
- Facilitating / enabling good relations to encourage and / or persuade owners to lease to HA’s for affordable housing.
- Liaison with other interested agencies/providers/developers and the Landlord Incentives Scheme.
- Record details of owners/properties who may need further encouragement/enforcement.
- Enable 'Grant Assistance' cases where owners wish to deal directly with our Homelessness section in the scope of our grant policies (allowing direct placement of homeless people).
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Experience, Skills, Knowledge / Technical skills:
- Knowledge of building construction, essential repairs, current market costs.
- Proven excellent spoken communication skills, with the ability to negotiate, empower and influence others.
- Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision.
- Good ICT skills are essential, inclusive of Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Experience of Uniform database systems ideal but not essential as training can be given.
- Good knowledge and experience of the residential housing market would be ideal.
- Good mathematical and English language abilities.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Empty Property Officer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.