- Pay Rate:
£20.98 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 5-6 months
- WOOLWICH, LONDON,
Interim Employment Lawyer
Job Ref: Greenwich RQ680141
Pay Rate: £20.98 per hour PAYE
To undertake an extensive caseload of complex legal work in the legal practice areas of - Adults Education & Employment Team
- To be responsible for the provision of legal advice and casework and the delivery of a high quality client focused service on behalf of the Employment Law Team
- To create effective working relationships and work in partnership with service directorates, lawyers and other teams in the delivery of legal services.
- To contribute to effective communication within the team, across Law and Governance and Service Directorates.
- To be responsible for the preparation and processing of all matters relevant to any proceedings relating to work of the team, including the evaluation of evidence, instructing Counsel, interviewing witnesses, preparing proofs of evidence and witness statements.
- To undertake litigious cases where appropriate.
- To be responsible for undertaking advocacy as appropriate where the postholder has a right of audience on all matters relating to the work of the Council and its Service Directorates.
- To draft all necessary pleadings and other documents and to provide concise and clear written and oral legal advice to officers including chief officers and Members.
- To undertake legal research where necessary and in particular in respect of new legislation.
- To work effectively with other colleagues and team members in respect of complex work or projects, including the provision of training on legal issues to internal and external persons or agencies.
- To utilise the legal case management system and assist in the implementation of any new information technology or other systems that may be necessary for the efficient working of the team/department
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Qualified solicitor or barrister
- Extensive knowledge of employment law
- Knowledge of the law and procedure in the Employment Tribunal, Employment Appeal Tribunal, Supreme Court, County Court and Court of Appeal
- Experience of advocacy (case management discussions, pre-hearing review and merits hearings)
- Experience of preparing and drafting for Employment Tribunal, Employment Appeal Tribunal and other legal documents
- Able to provide supervision to staff
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines using initiative to prioritise, plan, manage and deliver own workload
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Employment Lawyer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.