- Pay Rate:
£20.60 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
Interim Electrical Engineer
Job Ref: RQ601050
A DBS disclosure is listed as a requirement for this role; however the level of disclosure has not been specified by the client.
Working as part of the Capital Improvement Team, as the electrical engineer you will be responsible for multiple projects at any one time providing technical support to stakeholders, contractors and Service Providers
- Manage multiple projects at any one time, both during the design stage and while on site, ensuring projects are delivered on time and to budget.
- Prepare reports for Committees, Area Forums, Working Parties, Client Organisations, Tenant Associations, and External Agencies and other stakeholders. Arrange and attend such meetings as required where a high degree of resident and stakeholder consultation takes place.
- Represent the Head of Service when developing and delivering projects with clients and stakeholders to ensure projects are accurately scoped and delivered to the client’s objectives both on time and within budget.
- Deliver and maintain the highest standards of design, budget control and contract administration on all projects and maintenance contracts. Ensure that clients are fully briefed and engaged on all aspects and at all stages of each project and key milestones.
- Ensure effective briefing, direction and liaison of any Consultants appointed.
- Lead on procurement, design criteria and preparation of schemes, specifications, maintenance requirements, and estimates, selection of materials and equipment, project and contract management.
- Provide assistance and advice to technicians/Inspectors regarding relevant standards and statutory regulations.
- Assist in the appointment of consultants as and when required.
- Act as lead officer on feasibility studies, viability and for adherence to Islington Council Standards, Policies and Practices.
- Liaise and negotiate with consultants, statutory bodies and other relevant organisations
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Chartered Engineer or member of the Chartered Institute of Building Services Engineers or equivalent with a minimum of 6 years post qualification experience designing and maintaining electrical installations and plant
- Possess excellent detailed technical knowledge and skills to manage electrical repair and refurbishment projects, electrical planned maintenance and design new installations
- Possess broad knowledge of services engineering Statutory regulations, codes of practice and British Standards
- Possess excellent project management skills in order to plan, programme and deliver projects on time and within previously agreed budgets and fees and to monitor and control costs at all stages
- Ability to coordinate and lead on a number of medium sized projects including working and coordinating with other building professionals
- Ability to appoint, brief, direct liaise and monitor consultants
- Ability to advise on the appraisal, selection and appointment and monitoring of contractors and sub-contractors
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Electrical Engineer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.