- Pay Rate:
Up to £39 max per hour pay range subject to IR35 status
- Hours per Week:
Interim Electrical Design Engineer – PSR 1JP00035601
Pay rate: Up to £39 max per hour pay range subject to IR35 status
The Plant Facing Design Office (PFDO) is the organisation within SL that provides professional design support to the Plant Engineering community. The PFDO have a requirement for a CE&I Design Engineer to participate in a team that provides a design service to the Remediation and Waste Management (R&WM) areas, primarily the Effluents, Remediation & HALES OUs but also potentially other OUs as required, subject to PFDO priorities.
The role is to deliver CE&I design solutions in response to problem definitions from the OU system engineering community under the direction of a CE&I Lead Engineer or CE&I Responsible Engineer. Responsibilities will also include assisting / leading designers in the production of design packs.
- Routine” design support to Plant Engineering at the request of the respective OUEM
- Review of PMPs, MSC papers, technical papers, commissioning test documents, etc. and attendance at the relevant Committee meetings. Processing of TQs, Concessions and Production Permits, e.g. for plant spares, etc.
- Obsolescence issues and specifying replacement instruments or parts.
- Review of Drawings and Plant discrepancies and the associated drawing records updates.
- Resolution of minor queries and provision of advice and guidance on design and configuration management.
- Design support to urgent plant breakdown issues at the request of the plant operators
- Attendance at Operational Decision Making meetings.
- Engagement with Design Capability or Project office design engineers for specialist support.
- Preparation of necessary design deliverables in support of plant recovery
- Previous Experience as an Electrical Engineer
- Previous Sellafield experience advantageous – if not Nuclear or Similar (Oil, Gas, Construction, Rail)
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document.
- Additional Requirements:
- SC - security clearance.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience.
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
If you would prefer to send a CV straight to us rather than by way of an on-line application, you are very welcome to do so via [email protected] but please quote both the job reference and job title exactly as they appear below:
Interim Electrical Design Engineer
Anticipated Length of Assignment: Unless otherwise stated (we do carry the occasional permanent vacancy) all of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis and can sometimes become permanent.
Please do try to resist contacting us with requests for progress updates.
We really do read every CV sent to us. All applications will be acknowledged by a human, not a robot, provided the job remains live and provided your CV meets the “Essential Requirements” listed.
Please note that we do our level best to take down ads as soon as roles have been filled. We are not in the business of harvesting CVs.
Important: We will interpret your application as being permission to submit your CV to this role (with the right to represent you) unless you advise us to the contrary.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.