- Pay Rate:
£500.00 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1 month
Interim Educational Psychologist x3
Job Ref: RQ609834
Enhanced DBS required for this role
To provide a psychological assessment and advisory service to schools and to children, parents and other professional agencies in a defined catchment area
- To visit designated schools regularly according to a formula designed to reflect their needs in order to offer a psychological service; this may include a special school or unit.
- To respond to referrals from parents and other professional agencies.
- To assess and review the development of referred pre-school children and advise parents and other professionals.
- To advise the Education Group of the special educational needs of children referred under the Children & Families Act 2014
- To liaise with other professionals with regard to referred children and their parents, parental permission having been given.
- To make a regular contribution and commitment to multi-disciplinary work (including CAMHS).
- To develop an area of specialist knowledge/responsibilities relevant to the work of the EPS.
- To write reports and keep a record of work, as requested.
- To attend staff meetings as agreed with the Acting Principal Educational Psychologist.
- To develop in-service or research projects in consultation with the Acting Principal Educational Psychologist, as appropriate.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Honours degree in Psychology
- Significant experience in relation to children with autistic spectrum disorders
- Proven psychological skills in assessment and intervention with children and young people 0-19 years of age
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage change, conflicting demands, tight deadlines, and record keeping
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Educational Psychologist x3
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.