- Pay Rate:
£401.28 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- WALTHAMSTOW, London,
Full Job Title: Interim Educational Psychologist – SEND
Reference no: Walthamstow RQ669607
Pay Rate: £401.28 per day PAYE
Enhanced DBS disclosure required
Educational Psychologist to cover school allocation (casework) and write statutory advices requested by the LA. Assessment of need for children 0 - 25 in a range of educational settings.
To work in accordance with the aims and objectives of the educational psychology team as required by the Principal Educational Psychologist and Assistant Director of SEND.
To work within the Educational Psychology Team as part of SEND and the Waltham Forest Traded Business Service to deliver a high quality Educational Psychology Service to those who commission services such as Early Years, Schools and Colleges.
To assist the local authority to comply with its statutory responsibilities towards children and young people aged 0-25 years with or being assessed for special educational needs in relation to relevant legislation and guidance.
To provide statutory psychological advice and services for children and young people aged 0-25 years undergoing assessment for an Education and Health Care Plan.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- British Psychological Society (BPS) recognised first degree in psychology.
- A Doctorate or Master’s degree in Educational Psychology, and eligibility for chartered status within the British Psychological Society.
- HCPC registration essential.
- Recent, relevant in-service professional development.
- Detailed understanding and awareness of relevant SEN legislation.
- Experience of working with children and young people with SEN/Disability, and detailed knowledge of research informed interventions and approaches that prevent and meet SEN.
- IT skills including Microsoft packages
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- *** Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Educational Psychologist – SEND
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.