- Pay Rate:
up to £395.90 per day PAYE depending on experience (tbc)
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Interim Educational Psychologist
Job Ref: NC NNC7446
Providing statutory assessments to support the work of the core Educational Psychology Service and any follow-up work arising from these such as EP input to SEND Tribunals
- To be responsible to the area’s Senior Educational Psychologist for the delivery of allocated EHC Assessments and any arising SEND Tribunal Work. To provide timely Psychological Advices and liaise proactively with Educational Psychology Service administrative support.
- To work within the quality standards guidelines set for the service. Establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with children and young people, parents/carers, schools, EHC Team and other agencies
- Ensure professional liaison with other agencies in the area.
- To ensure that reasonable care is taken at all times for the health, safety and welfare of yourself and other persons, and to comply with policies and procedures relating to health and safety within the Council.
- Demonstrate awareness/understanding of equal opportunities and other people’s behavioural, physical, social and welfare needs, including with regard to safeguarding and promoting welfare of children as described by Northamptonshire Safeguarding Children Partnership (NSCP)
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- A first degree in psychology or an equivalent qualification recognised by the BPS as conferring the Graduate Basis for Membership
- An in-depth knowledge of the statutory framework which guides the work of educational psychologists
- Experience of working with professionals from other agencies
- Previous successful experience as an educational psychologist or TEP
- The ability to contribute to the shared tasks of multi-professional working
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Educational Psychologist
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.