- Pay Rate:
£361.45 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 5-6 months
Interim Education Psychologist x2
Job Ref: 5208533
Enhanced DBS required for this role
To ensure the provision of a high quality Educational Psychology Service for children and young people, families, schools and other service providers as required by the Local Authority
- To provide a psychological advisory/consultative service, in liaison with other colleagues in Children & Young People’s Services, the wider Local Authority and other agencies, to help schools and others organise and plan in order to promote the progress and social inclusion of all children and young people.
- Using psychological knowledge, techniques and procedures, to provide a range of casework activities including consultation, problem identification and assessment, the provision of advice and a variety of intervention strategies. To link with, inform and advise Children & Young People's Services officers and other relevant agencies regarding the needs of individuals and groups of children.
- To provide psychological assessments and advice as a contributor to the statutory assessment process required by the 1996 Education Act and Children & Families Act 2014 to work within the SEN and Disability Codes of Practice. To undertake ongoing monitoring and review of the progress of individual children with special educational needs.
- To work with schools and other providers to develop their capacity to educate the full range of learners and to promote the emotional health of all children and young people.
- Should the opportunity arise, in consultation with the Principal Educational Psychologist and in the context of Local Authority or Service priorities, to develop an area of special interest or expertise within the field of educational psychology in order to contribute to effective service delivery.
- If required, to provide a variety of training activities for teachers, other professionals, parents and carers in order to promote personal/professional development and a wider understanding of children’s needs.
- To assist the Local Authority in its development, co-ordination and assessment functions in relation to the National Curriculum, and other national initiatives with particular regard to children with disabilities and special educational needs.
- To participate in and be aware of psychological and educational research and development in order to assist innovation and evaluation in Local Authority activities.
- To co-operate with the Service’s performance management and development review scheme and to participate in a range of supervisory and continuing professional development activities, to ensure regular up-dating and development of knowledge and skills.
- To ensure the maintenance of accurate and up-to-date casework records in relation to referred cases and to participate in service evaluation
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Relevant degree (or equivalent experience) with clearly evidenced CPD
- Good knowledge of ICT, including word, outlook, word and other programmes
- Experience of British statutory education services/processes
- Flexible approach to a complex and high risk case load, considering different customer needs
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Education Psychologist x2
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.