- Pay Rate:
£400.00 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 7 months
Reference no: Lincolnshire 5213419
Enhanced DBS disclosure required
To act as a critical professional partner to schools, providing challenge and support to senior leaders (including governors), so that they are rigorous in evaluating the effectiveness of their school’s performance and are well prepared for external scrutiny.
- Contribute to sustainable school improvement by engaging with and supporting senior leaders, including governors, in identifying key priorities for improvement which are addressed through effective strategic planning, and which are systematically monitored and evaluated for impact;
- Promote the building of school’s own capacity to improve pupils' achievement, and to realise other key outcomes for pupils that bear on achievement, through brokering of well-planned support and encouraging engagement with a range of partners, including systems leaders and collaborative school to school partnerships; promote collaborative approaches to school-led improvement through the facilitation of partnership joint practice development and school to school support;
- Work with school partnerships to promote the sharing and harnessing of resources to bring about improvement in their own and their partner schools, and to influence leadership thinking, policy and practice so as to have a positive impact on outcomes for all children within the partnership;
- Take strategic responsibility for a key aspect within the annual Service Delivery Plan and to ensure that this area contributes to achievement of the service’s key performance indicators;
- To build relationships with schools and assigned teaching school alliances. Signpost schools to areas of appropriate support which will help unpin and meet their development needs.
- Support the school in identifying underperformance, through analysis of data and other outcomes, providing challenge where necessary and ensuring actions undertaken are meeting the needs of all groups of pupils and are effective in closing achievement gaps, particularly for those groups identified as vulnerable;
- Signpost Schools to quality training, CPD providers, Consultancy and key sources of information and sources of performance management.
- Provide advice and guidance to the governing body to inform their abilities to be a critical friend to the SLT of the School and drive standards forward and ensure they are adhering to their statutory duties.
- Ensure the delivery of the Local Authority statutory duties and school improvement strategy.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Degree in a related area
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Evidence of recent and relevant professional development related to the role and other wider areas
- Knowledge & Experience:
- Knowledge of current School improvement strategies and associated educational initiatives
- Knowledge of collaborative approaches between schools
- Headteacher experience
- Minimum of 3 years successful teaching experience within a school
- Demonstrable contribution to whole school improvement
- Experience of using data analysis to accurately identify priorities for rapid action and sustained improvement
- Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to gather and analyse pertinent school performance data
- Ability to form judgements on educational performance of schools based on objective evidence
- Flexible approach that allows for different circumstances and contexts
- Has inspirational, yet realistic expectations, providing challenge that stretches professional practice
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to use own initiative, prioritise work and work to deadlines
- Ability to write clear and concise reports indicating the next stages of development needed
- Ability to give accurate feedback, both oral and written
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite)
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- *** Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Education Locality Lead – Children's Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.