- Pay Rate:
£361.15 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
Enhanced DBS disclosure required
The post holder will work with families, children and young people with Special Educational Needs and/or disabilities aged 0-25, associated practitioners from education, health, social care and the voluntary sector and manage the assessment process to ensure that appropriate services and provision are available for children and young people in Rotherham with the most complex needs.
- To undertake assessment of requests for EHC Plans and make decisions on provision based on the recommendations of the SEN Panel. To chair the SEN Panel and attend associated panels in Health and Social Care.
- To lead the team through direct line management of 2 Senior Education, Health and Care assessment Co-ordinators who will work closely with families on the development and production of EHC plans, including attending and, where appropriate, chairing multi-agency meetings.
- To interpret and adhere to the principles and statutory processes described in the SEN Code of Practice and ensure that the statutory timescales are achieved.
- To support families, children and young people who do not meet the threshold for an EHC Plan through the provision of advice about alternative services and provision available through the Local Offer.
- To liaise with schools, colleges and other providers to ensure that appropriate support is in place for learners with complex needs.
- To ensure the EHCAT meets and maintains the high standards for SEN/inclusion and Outreach Services including quality assurance of communications and monitoring the impact of the service on: pupil outcomes, staff and parental confidence.
- To prepare the Local Authority’s statement of case and to represent the Local Authority at SEN and Disability Tribunals.
- To operate within available resources, ensuring that quality provision is in place and that value for money principles are maintained.
- Responsibility for any additional specific area of development of SEND provision identified and agreed with the Head of Inclusion.
- To support the Director: Children & Young Peoples’ Services in the development of strategy and policy for special education by participating or leading in any working parties or other LA bodies as and when required (e.g. Autism Stakeholders Group, Looked After Children Raising Attainment Group).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Level 7 qualification e.g. Post Graduate Certificates and Diplomas with extensive experience in the relevant specialist area and other related areas of work, or a wider range of areas - OR -
- Evidence of the equivalent level of knowledge gained through work experience.
- Experience of working within SEN or related services at Management Level.
- Experience of supporting children in a variety of settings (including mainstream and special) with a wide range of learning difficulties and disabilities, including, but not exclusively, at Education, Health and Care Plan level.
- Understanding of and commitment to equal opportunity issues both within the workplace and the community in general.
- Knowledge of Safeguarding.
- Understanding and knowledge of current legislation and policies on Special Educational Needs Provision 0-25, Equality and Inclusion.
- Understanding of, and commitment to, inclusion of children in mainstream schools wherever possible and appropriate.
- Knowledge of appropriate provisions and approaches to meet the needs of children with a wide range of SEN and/or disab
- Knowledge of effective provision/service leadership to promote appropriate progress/outcomes and inclusion for children with SEND.
- Knowledge of methods of tracking children’s outcomes, current OFSTED expectations and matching of interventions to need.
- Awareness of the issues involved in managing SEND services including an understanding of the roles of other agencies.
- ICT Skills: Utilising a range of ICT systems and applications.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
If you would prefer to send a CV straight to us rather than by way of an on-line application, you are very welcome to do so via [email protected] but please quote both the job reference and job title exactly as they appear below:
Interim Education, Health & Care Assessment Team Mgr - CYPS
Anticipated Length of Assignment: Unless otherwise stated (we do carry the occasional permanent vacancy) all of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis and can sometimes become permanent.
Please do try to resist contacting us with requests for progress updates.
We really do read every CV sent to us. All applications will be acknowledged by a human, not a robot, provided the job remains live and provided your CV meets the “Essential Requirements” listed.
Please note that we do our level best to take down ads as soon as roles have been filled. We are not in the business of harvesting CVs.
Important: We will interpret your application as being permission to submit your CV to this role (with the right to represent you) unless you advise us to the contrary.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.